April 22, 2021, 05:43:07 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to do a war: The newcomers guide  (Read 6555 times)

RedBluYellow

How to do a war: The newcomers guide
« on: October 30, 2011, 01:37:40 pm »

How is war formed?
How clan get warring?

Welcome newcomer. This thread will explain to you how a clan war happens. Going to try and keep this simple.

Step 1: Set a date

First, you need to see when the members of your clan and those of the clan you are going to face are available to play. Make sure that everyone knows the same time to prevent confusion. Tell them al via PM or post it in the thread title or OP so everyone knows.

Also, it might be best to try and get someone to host your match in advance. Just ask a person who is able to host a server if he is available at the time to host your match. If you have to do this during the IRC organization, it will cause delay.

Step 2: Actually show up

You're being a burden to your team by saying 'Yeah sure, I'll be there' and then not showing up when its showtime. your clan relied on you showing up and thus their organization is messed up, resulting in a possible postpone or someone having to replace you ( a sub, short for substitute).

Step 3: It's the time! What now?

Usually, an IRC channel will be created to do further organization in. What is this, you ask? An IRC channel is a chatroom on the site espernet.net. When you go to this site, you click on chat now

and enter a channel name. This channel name will be told to you by someone in your clan before the war starts.

Step 4: IRC organization

Dramatic music.

The hardest part. In this chatroom, people will discuss various things. For example, what maps should be played? Who is going to be what class? Who's the host? What's the password to the server? In here, you also wait until all members of each clan show up.  You should listen to what people tell you here as it is very important. Do NOT flood the chat with stupid, unrelated stuff. Try to make this step quick.

Step 5: The war itself

Now, the moment you've been waiting for. Open your Gang Garrison 2, click on the server, enter the password and join. Before the war starts however, you should know a couple of things:
  • There is a limit of 1 of each class. For example, 2 scouts is not allowed and under normal circumstance,s this gets your team disqualified. If you notice someone on your team is already scout, don't pick him.
  • :x21: :x23: :x24: :x26: is the ideal setup for a war. 3 power classes and a healer is what should do. It's the classic set up, but still the most effective one. A scout is kinda mandatory on CTF, but you can swap him out for other classes like  :x29: :x27: :x25: :x22: on other maps if you feel like doing so and if your team actually agrees to it. Once again, listen to them.
  • Before the first map begins, there will be a transition map. usually, this is ctf_el_map or cp_egypt. What is this? A transition map is a map on which people are not supposed to fight. It's a little break between the maps used for player swapping or joining. Do not kill people here or cap the intelligence or the control points until people tell you to. This map does not count towards the score of the war.
    • After people have capped on the transition map, the first actual map will begin. Remember what you were told and have fun.

Step 6: War's over, what now?

Glad to hear you actually made it this far!  ::) If the match you did was a tourney war, you should have had somebody record it (if possible) and submit it to me by uploading it to dropbox or mediafire.com. Upload them there and send a me download link so I can either give it to Compushwa for commentary or upload it to the GangGarrionTV youtube channel if it was already done.

If the match was not a tourney match, but it counts towards the clan rankings, make sure to take screenshots of the scoreboard after each match/map! These screenshots prove the war actually happened.

If I forgot something, notify me of it.
[/list]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:29:43 pm by RBY »

Jowly

• Veteran Beta Tester
Re: How to do a war: The newcomers guide
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »

You beat me to the punch.

RedBluYellow

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 01:41:46 pm »

I said in the IRC I'd do this.

/THA/high5ghost)RA(

• Seasoned Member
  • The proud owner of the GG2 graveyard :)
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:48 pm »

Thank you

also you can say they can just go to the main GG2 site and click on irc to join the chat
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:47:56 pm by /THA/high5ghost)RA( »
One can not truly predict oneself's future, but only work towards the future he dreams to have.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 01:50:53 pm »

then they get directed to #gg2

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

/THA/high5ghost)RA(

• Seasoned Member
  • The proud owner of the GG2 graveyard :)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:51:47 pm »

yeah but they can type the chat room name and join it
One can not truly predict oneself's future, but only work towards the future he dreams to have.

<USPP> Spectatin

• ユ・モ・グェ・グァィー・ファィ・ディ・ツァォ
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Everyday is a good day
    • steem
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 02:49:38 pm »

Something about ensuring that you have a guy that can host (nothing like successfully having appropriate attendance only to find that there's another delay in finding a private server to use).
HI THERE :x6:(゚ヮ゚)☞
[Maps]

We reclaim this label of “pirate” and abjure its derogatory, incendiary implication. We are Pirates. We stand for the liberty, equality, and solidarity of all human beings, and against all threats they may face.

Unsung Hero

• Seasoned Member
  • Classy Cynic
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:13:53 pm »

And maybe you could add a part about recording the match/taking screenshots after each match.

Swimming is all about speshul powah. I have mastered swimming in 721 different strokes.
Proud member of [PHS]

misty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:59:14 am »

How to not do a war: Be like Ozoh

RedBluYellow

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 09:02:15 am »

Something about ensuring that you have a guy that can host (nothing like successfully having appropriate attendance only to find that there's another delay in finding a private server to use).
Mk done
And maybe you could add a part about recording the match/taking screenshots after each match.
Mk
?

misty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 02:23:25 pm »

?
Be like me = No wars, unless you push it to another guy, like I did afterwards.

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:43:42 pm »

On choosing classes:

Pick one slot, and don't change to any class other than the ones for that slot. Don't fucking do it.

Pocket::x14:
|
:x12:
Assist::x13:
|
:x15::x12:
Utility::x11:(ctf)
|
:x11::x19::x15::x12::x17:
|
:x18::quote:
Medic::x16:

Full explanation for what each slot does: http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=30206.msg969891#msg969891

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 02:46:27 pm »

you can use quote as assist

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »

hmm that's debatable

but I don't think anyone good enough to pull that off will be looking at a chart to decide their classes anyways.

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 02:56:05 pm »

lol true

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 35 queries.