April 24, 2024, 07:45:04 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.4  (Read 55065 times)

Tubulatus

• Heroic Member
  • Indeed.
Re: Gang Garrison 2.4
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2011, 09:02:07 pm »

All right.  So, releasing 2.4 was like an attempt to get more stuff tested by different people.

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2011, 09:03:39 pm »

Yeah

Tubulatus

• Heroic Member
  • Indeed.
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2011, 09:04:25 pm »

And would you say it's working?

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2011, 09:06:09 pm »

Yes. We've already gotten a bunch of bug reports

Machidro

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Gardicolo time is over.
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2011, 09:08:57 pm »

Also, Dkoth sucks. It's everything wrong with generator, but takes 2x longer. In theory, it should work, one group defends while one group attacks, demanding control of both points, but in practice, it breaks down to 2 engineers shut down each point, and the rest of the teams jello at the point, cap for 3 seconds, die, and repeat.

It will make for fun gimmick maps, like two path rocket jumps (easy and hard mode), or A/D CP: official version, and others, but otherwise, its pretty unfun.

As a side note, how do you make a dkoth map? Just place cp one and two in GB?
A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED.

Ultros

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »

Dkoth needs some mechanism to keep the game moving when each team controls their own point.

Probably the simplest option would be to just have a longer timer, and each team's timer counts down so long as they control at least one point.

Regarding generator, currently when time runs out the team with less damage on their generator immediatly wins.  Good idea, but I think overtime should be in effect so long as the winning team's generator isn't fully shielded.
11:42 PM - Ultros: http://grooveshark.com/s/Faces/3h83um?src=5  Foooooooooolk
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: :0
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: this song has 3 fans
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: 2 of them are you

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2011, 09:14:54 pm »

no you need to use the dkoth CPs

the current issue with dkoth is that the two official maps are opposites: sixties is hard to attack on and nobody knows how to defend on atalia (nobody remembers the atalia matches because they're usually onesided)

in fact I specifically designed atalia to be hard to turtle onbut nobody understands that you have to push as soon as you've pushed back the enemy from your point, the reason there's a tower is so that that's where all the match's tension should be, not the middle of the bases.
I even ripped off noir, which everyone hates for putting all the tension in the center of the map. I even made it easy to go to the center of the map, and putting the spawns above the point.
As far as I can tell it's just player error with people not understanding the map, and also fighting in the point room is fucking amazing and everyone who complains doesn't understand the spatial control in there.

also: make capping take longer ~and~ make the "cooldown" for presence last longer, this will break sixties but force people to have less fast paced mindsets about the game and make it easier for them to move on from their own point
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:19:27 pm by Vegas_ »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Psychopath

• Developer In Training
  • Stop telling me to do things
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2011, 09:15:18 pm »

Dkoth needs some mechanism to keep the game moving when each team controls their own point.

Probably the simplest option would be to just have a longer timer, and each team's timer counts down so long as they control at least one point.

Regarding generator, currently when time runs out the team with less damage on their generator immediatly wins.  Good idea, but I think overtime should be in effect so long as the winning team's generator isn't fully shielded.
I could have sworn that's how it's coded to work. Maybe I forgot to put an exit; in there, I'll look into it.
Quote from: IRC
(8:01:46 PM) Psychopath: I'm just wondering what the next hot thing to fall on my lap will be
(8:01:57 PM) Lynn1: a girl maybe?
(8:02:01 PM) Psychopath: :o

Ultros

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2011, 09:19:47 pm »

Hm, someone else want to confirm?  I'm pretty sure that in the gen match I played, the winning team's shield wasn't fully regenerated when the game ended, but it's possible I'm misremembering.
11:42 PM - Ultros: http://grooveshark.com/s/Faces/3h83um?src=5  Foooooooooolk
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: :0
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: this song has 3 fans
11:43 PM - Snowblind Aces: 2 of them are you

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »

I think I need to play dkoth a little more before I make any final judgments on the map, but the problem I have with atalia is how easily runner dominates the point once a team has both caps. The team that has to get the points back has to go through one of three chokes, and if they don't choose the top (which they probably won't because it's going to get spammed), then they have to make their way up the slope and go through what is effectively another choke. Meanwhile, any runner defending the point has complete spatial control and movement options. He can heckle you around the point, hit 'n' run spam the top chokes, avoid spam due to how wide open the entire area is, etc. Theoretically you could attack the defenders from long range with the detos and riflemen, but I dunno.

If it were up to me, I would add a secondary platform right next to the control point so classes other than the runner and rocketman have an alternative to attacking defenders.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:29:12 pm by Blue Warrior »
~CobaltBW

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal." - Earl Nightingale

Tubulatus

• Heroic Member
  • Indeed.
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2011, 09:33:26 pm »

Would it break the game to make the point near the spawn cappable when one team holds both points?  Like, for example, let's say RED holds both points on atalia.  Since most of their focus is probably on BLU's home point, they may not notice a scout go to their home point and cap, effectively distracting them from keeping BLU's home and allowing for an overtake.  Just an idea.

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2011, 09:35:10 pm »

To be honest, I think that would just make it stalemate even more.
~CobaltBW

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal." - Earl Nightingale

Tubulatus

• Heroic Member
  • Indeed.
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2011, 09:36:54 pm »

Hmm.  Well, perhaps that would work if the timers were longer but never stopped, only sped up when one team held both.

Machidro

• 2013 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Gardicolo time is over.
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2011, 10:00:54 pm »

Hmm.  Well, perhaps that would work if the timers were longer but never stopped, only sped up when one team held both.

Solution: Both timers start at 10 minutes. For each point a team controls, a second is removed from their timer, regardless of whether both points are possessed. Problem solved. If there is a stalemate, the game still has a fixed time limit, the only way to win is to cap the point more than the other team, and the better team will always win.
A CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED.

Tubulatus

• Heroic Member
  • Indeed.
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2011, 10:05:33 pm »

This is what I was trying to convey, perhaps I wasn't clear.  Although I recommend 5 minutes instead of 10.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 35 queries.