April 18, 2024, 06:18:52 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lobby problems  (Read 3911 times)

MedO

• Owns this place
Lobby problems
« on: October 17, 2011, 03:13:50 pm »

Dear players.

I apologise for the ongoing Lobby problems, which make it difficult to find running games at the moment. The reason for these problems is that all of the recent versions of GG2 are hardwired to use gg2.game-host.org as the address for the lobby server. This is a dyndns hostname, which usually resolves to our server and which we could switch around to a different server on short notice in case there were any problems with this one. However, this hostname is no longer active, and it seems that the dyndns account has expired, and you can no longer get this address for free. This means we either have to buy a Pro account with them, which would cause us some additional cost, or we can update the game to use a new hostname, leaving the old versions broken, and mods as well until they update. The work of updating only consists of changing the constant LOBBY_SERVER_HOST to ganggarrison.com, though, so I favor this solution.

In summary, you will get an update and a new beta soon. Stay tuned.
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Jowly

• Veteran Beta Tester
Re: Lobby problems
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

Thank you MedO for recognizing this problem so swiftly and going straight to the heart of it.

CrazNoDale

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 05:12:55 pm »

Damn it, Medo you got to make me another mod.

Chris P. Bacon

• Administrator
  • Retired gg2 dev
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 05:34:00 pm »

I should be apologizing here (and thanks for taking care of it before i even realized it Medo!)

The usual monthly reminder about the dyndns expiration was sent last Tuesday and was in my spam folder.  Unfortunately I only checked my spam folder today and was a day too late to save it (you need to just confirm you're still active to prolong the expiration a month)

Oh well, Medo saved the day.

billymaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 06:23:23 pm »

What would I have to do in order to fix this with old versions of mods?(vindicator's mod, for example)

Just change a line of code? And where is it located? I don't really code much at all.

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 06:32:20 pm »

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:32:42 pm by trog »

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

billymaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 09:11:09 pm »

okay, thanks.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 35 queries.