April 18, 2024, 06:19:52 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5  (Read 30971 times)

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
Re: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5
« Reply #180 on: October 22, 2011, 03:06:07 pm »

Trog ninja'd me.
~CobaltBW

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal." - Earl Nightingale

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #181 on: October 22, 2011, 03:10:34 pm »

But still, "If anything it makes it harder to dodge since you have to take into account the curve when you choose to jump."

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Sentry

• Lucky Member
  • Bring back spinjumping
« Reply #182 on: October 22, 2011, 03:11:20 pm »

Official release is tomorrow right? Is the poster done?

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #183 on: October 22, 2011, 04:20:11 pm »

But still, "If anything it makes it harder to dodge since you have to take into account the curve when you choose to jump."
But, that's wrong, still. It curving makes it so that it's easier to dodge because you ~can~ take it into account, moving left or right more easily when it's at a vertical angle. This is about airshots, not shooting on planes or downhill.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2011, 04:56:25 pm »

But, that's wrong, still. It curving makes it so that it's easier to dodge because you ~can~ take it into account, moving left or right more easily when it's at a vertical angle. This is about airshots, not shooting on planes or downhill.
But again, this is assuming that the flare was designed to single out opponents at range, which I honestly don't think is the case. The flare is for harassment and suppression in areas where the firebug otherwise isn't strong, and if someone has to move in a specific direction in order to avoid the flare, then technically it's still filling its role by provoking a response. I'd also much rather have it be able to curve around corners for pretty much this same reason: to be able to hit people around corners.

Besides, this whole "which is easier to dodge" thing seems awfully situational, and almost too miniscule of a difference to really matter. Can we just solidify the role of the flare and work from there?
~CobaltBW

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal." - Earl Nightingale

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2011, 05:00:11 pm »

But then strafing is horizontal and not on the same dimension as flare curve so it's like tf2??

died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2011, 05:02:16 pm »

But then strafing is horizontal and not on the same dimension as flare curve so it's like tf2??
the flare curve is along a 2d plane
the strafing in gg2 is on a 1d axis that is part of that plane
the strafing in tf2 is on a 1d axis that is perpendicular to that plane

I would know what the flare is supposed to be for, blue, I'm the fucking designer.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:03:21 pm by Vegas_ »

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2011, 05:07:19 pm »

I think rebel coded it originally...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:07:33 pm by trog »

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2011, 05:08:03 pm »

I was the first one to propose the idea.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »

I may have proposed it in private, but regardless I'm the reason it made it in anyways. I made a counter-proposition of airblasting all projectiles with a damage bonus, but it was decided against in the long run.

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2011, 05:16:11 pm »

I would know what the flare is supposed to be for, blue, I'm the fucking designer.
Well, if the flare is for long range precision elimination, then by all means, keep the trajectory straight.
~CobaltBW

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2011, 05:18:20 pm »

It's already designed to be less than useful if you hit someone who isn't already burning with it, so yeah.

I_am_awesome

« Reply #192 on: October 22, 2011, 06:01:26 pm »

I was the first one to propose the idea.

I am pretty sure I (and others as well) already said in 08 that pyro needs something to deal some longrange damage since he is buttfuck useless there.

The thought was more of a flare gun than airbursting flames, but the endresult is the same.

Well, not that I play anymore anyways. The (from what I hear, like I will test/look into the source) 30 damage flamebursts sound pretty OP anyways to me.

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #193 on: October 22, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »

its 25 fU:~

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2011, 06:18:34 pm »

that's why they should not have the same refire rate as the airblast

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 35 queries.