April 18, 2024, 06:32:47 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 4 (Fixed download)  (Read 30585 times)

Tubulatus

• Heroic Member
  • Indeed.
Re: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 4 (Fixed download)
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2011, 06:07:20 pm »

Quick Lobby question: Does it organize by latency, name, or something else?

BillyBobJoe

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2011, 08:00:25 pm »

How about adding in this to the awesome beta?
http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=28008.0You could make the key f10 or something else.
quote from the thread:
let's replace f10's closing with this y/y

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2011, 09:55:33 am »

Quick Lobby question: Does it organize by latency, name, or something else?
Currently it organizes by random, so it's at least fair to all servers :)
We could make the client sort by name, or perhaps sort by compatibility first, by name second.
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2011, 10:07:34 am »

So, small todo list:
- Implement "resize window to default" on F10, no replacement "close game" key (I guess there's still ALT-F4 for that)
- Fix Medibeam start point
- Sort lobby list by compatibility/server name
- Change timestamp format to yyyy-mm-dd hh-mm-ss. Should be easy enough to read.
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2011, 10:29:27 am »

Since no one mentioned, I'd like to point out how, now, the flareblast is in every which way superior to the airblast. I was going to make a similar rant before I found about the flare buff even, but decided against it since: a, (I thought) flare blast took more ammo than airblast and b, Because the flare had a curve, so you HAD to choose between the flare or reflected rocket to use(unless you were next to the soldier). If people like the straight path of the flare and decide on it, than the flare should get the nerf of either using up more ammo or no airblast  when flares are shot. Besides from that I agree with Trog on that the curve of the flare made for a higher skill ceiling(and shooting flares from behind crates  :z5:). The curve can also counteract the issue I mentioned above. Things ,like the straight path, make classes easier, not better.

My understanding was that the pyro was not suppose to mindlessly go for enemies but instead let them come to you(defense- area denial), attack when you have support/enemy is distracted, or prevent rockets from hitting your team/ slowing down a solider. This made him a great defense/supportive class. This version is trying to make him better at longer ranges/ offensive play. I really don't like that too much.
That's what I thought of at first try(didn't play a game yet, though).

Something I noticed while experimenting with heal speeds was that the actual beam is not directly coming out of the tip of the medigun(attachment).
Instead of straight up naming screen shots like: '20111015124327', change it to '2011-10-15(12;43;27)', or even with units '2011y-10m-15d(12hr;43min;27sec)'(I added y,m,d because not everyone shares the order; month and day can be interpreted wrong). It could be an in-game option where 1=current, 2=with -/:, 3=with units.

One of the things I was hoping to have been changed was that in class selection screen, next to each class picture, there be a number representing the number of players currently using the class. Does beta mean no more additions like those?

Great job on the all the things in general though.  :c1:
The problem with adding more ammo or no airblast downsides is that it's pretty difficult to switch from flames > ab without shooting a flare when you're in the middle of a fight. We don't really have a better way to implement the flare, so can't really do much about that.

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Mew!

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
  • PAL5Q 1.15.2013
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:26 am »

So, small todo list:
- Implement "resize window to default" on F10, no replacement "close game" key (I guess there's still ALT-F4 for that)
:wuv: :z1:

notajf

« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2011, 11:52:07 am »

So, small todo list:
good, it was annoying when I accidentally exited the game trying to mute it

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2011, 12:19:29 pm »

I agree with ultros. The shield system seems unnecessarily complicated and unintuitive to me.

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2011, 12:43:25 pm »

One of the things I was hoping to have been changed was that in class selection screen, next to each class picture, there be a number representing the number of players currently using the class.
This would be great.

Should I go and try to make it? Or is there any reason why this should not be implemented?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 12:43:37 pm by Orpheon »

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2011, 12:45:33 pm »

Hmm, sorting the server list was more work than expected since GM doesn't have a proper function for sorting lists. So I wrote a function "ds_list_sorted_insert", which inserts an item in the correct position in a sorted list. The sort order is determined by a predicate script, which is passed along, e.g.
Code: [Select]
ds_list_sorted_insert(servers, newServer, compareServername);Using first-order functions, almost feels like using a modern language. Almost. :P

notajf

« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2011, 06:21:05 pm »

almost feels like using a modern language. Almost. :P
You mean sane? GML is modern...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:21:23 pm by AJF »

Unsung Hero

• Seasoned Member
  • Classy Cynic
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »

:drool:

Swimming is all about speshul powah. I have mastered swimming in 721 different strokes.
Proud member of [PHS]

Oktoberfest!

• Chief Leaf
  • RCMP
  • 🌵 stroke my cactus 🌵
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2012, 10:20:19 pm »

Really?
<MAY> does your nether region smell like lavender and pussywillows??
obviously since i donated to the red cross i should own a homeless man

Unsung Hero

• Seasoned Member
  • Classy Cynic
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2012, 10:40:07 pm »

lol he deleted his post.  xD

Swimming is all about speshul powah. I have mastered swimming in 721 different strokes.
Proud member of [PHS]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 35 queries.