August 22, 2019, 09:17:04 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Other Cool Gang Garrison-related stuff- RBY - Don't stab me now demake  (Read 3413 times)

RBY

Currently demaking the famous don't stab me now video. It's WIP and I hope to be done in about 2 days. Just posting it here so nobody steals the idea; :z4:

Well, done:
Gang Garrison 2 Haxxy contest entry Don't demake me now

Description:
Quote from: Youtube description
Well, here it is. For my entry in the haxxy contest at the gang garrison 2 forums, I 'demade' the original Don't stab me now video by tempvariable22
Link to the original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S19GO3Xgz2w#
Link to the music used:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bttobK3ZCMA#normal

I wasn't able to finish this with the time I had. I'll be gone for a week, and with the time remaining, i wouldn't be able to finish it since I'll have less time on my hands. So I decided to upload what i had done so far. I'll most likely complete this one day, but one my own tempo and not rushed for some contest. (:

A special thanks to:
Compushwa
Chu
Banana Man
Zerostar
Orpheon (for the bot mod)
and of course the creators of the music and the original video.
Enjoy!
also

:smiley16:
original creator of the video, seal of approval
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:39:28 am by RBY »

RBY

post preview yes or no

♫Ozoh

• Veteran Member

y
BECAUSE! MR SECRET CAN'T. F**KING. DO ANYTHING!!!!
quote what are you doing get rid of that banana you're going to hurt somebody

RBY

http://www.mediafire.com/?14vb2e5xj5j1v28
V2
Added a bit more than the last preview

Like I said it's WIP so any errors and such will still be corrected. But i'm really afraid I won't finish this in time since I'll only have a total of 3 days left to work on this since I will be gone for a week... I wished we had 3 weeks instead.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:28:01 pm by RBY »

RBY

Also, i hope this is OK with the rules, but I've had Chu, Banana Man and Zerostar help me with some scenes since I needed actors...

Ignis

• Seasoned Member

I have to say this is quite good, however it seems to me that the smoke particles in the Pyro parts don't look right, maybe consider redoing those scenes using alternative particles instead.
replays suck, use demos
demos are only good for setting traps, use soldier if you want to be aggressive and still have explosions
:whack:

RBY

I have to say this is quite good, however it seems to me that the smoke particles in the Pyro parts don't look right, maybe consider redoing those scenes using alternative particles instead.
What do you mean with this? I only used vanilla gg2 so it should be the right ones

Ignis

• Seasoned Member

There's 3 kinds of particles.  Normal, Alternative, and none.

Normal leaves smoke trails behind rockets and makes smoke come from flames.
Alternative leaves little "trails" behind rockets.
I have no clue what no particles do, I always play on Alternate.

Skip to about 1:47 on the real Don't stab me now.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself
Notice how when Pyro's flying and firing, there's no smoke, just flames.
Now skip to 0:54 in yours.  Pyro's flying, and a ton of smoke comes from the fire, and it just doesn't look right.
Maybe consider redoing that scene with Alternative particles that don't give smoke from flames.
replays suck, use demos
demos are only good for setting traps, use soldier if you want to be aggressive and still have explosions

RBY

I'll do that then

Ignis

• Seasoned Member

Just a little feedback, you don't have to listen to me.
replays suck, use demos

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!

Did you make music yourself?
Just curious.
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
  • I am a rising contender, confident to win.

I'm curious as to how you're going to pull this off. You'd have to have multiple players choreograph specific actions in order to accurately demake the original.

It might be easier to just record yourself playing infiltrator for like 2-3 days, and go for a shit load of stabs (both good and bad stabs). And then you look for stabs that sort of fit the criteria of the video; for example, missing a stab and getting flamed to death, or attempting to stab an autogun but then getting intercepted.

RBY

Did you make music yourself?
Just curious.
Well no, I didn't... I've never worked with music software before so I just took one from youtube, here's the original
Don't Stop Me Now-Queen 8-Bit Remix
I was going to mention this in the credits, but here you go anyway. Hope this doesn't get me disqualified
I'm curious as to how you're going to pull this off. You'd have to have multiple players choreograph specific actions in order to accurately demake the original.

It might be easier to just record yourself playing infiltrator for like 2-3 days, and go for a shit load of stabs (both good and bad stabs). And then you look for stabs that sort of fit the criteria of the video; for example, missing a stab and getting flamed to death, or attempting to stab an autogun but then getting intercepted.
I'm going to base most parts directly from the original, so yes, I've had about 3 people help me by doing acting in some clips. It isn't that hard, really. the parts that are impossible to recreate, I'll just replace it with something else which is based on the idea.

Haxton Sale

• The only true
  • HAXTON SAAAAAAAAAAALE!

No, it's fine, I'm just gonna update the rules.
THIS POST GOT SIGNED BY

Bananaman

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner

That's pretty awesome rby.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 37 queries.