December 09, 2022, 02:33:01 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Hey, Rainbow Dash (gem dis shyt)  (Read 3409 times)

Musashi-COM

Re: Hey, Rainbow Dash
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53:12 am »

sounds like high school is basically what I thought it was when I practically dropped out

It is. It's a narrow, close-minded little universe. Always worth going through the strife though. You learn more about yourself and whatnot.

Then after college reveals that it was all a dream and you'll be a fucking middle of the road loser who's exact life will be replicated in 20 something years by some other nobody.

If our life will be pretty much meaningless, how is learning about oneself worth the effort in the first place?

Well, that's when you try to be someone. Give yourself and life a purpose, etc.

Please, do continue that line of thought

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 12:55:14 am »

meaning is very subjective of a thing
it's a mechanism of our minds, not sentience or consciousness in general
if you want to get objective then our awareness is the closest you could have to a meaning
I think

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

MrIndieDay

• The Barber.
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 01:00:44 am »

sounds like high school is basically what I thought it was when I practically dropped out

It is. It's a narrow, close-minded little universe. Always worth going through the strife though. You learn more about yourself and whatnot.

Then after college reveals that it was all a dream and you'll be a fucking middle of the road loser who's exact life will be replicated in 20 something years by some other nobody.

If our life will be pretty much meaningless, how is learning about oneself worth the effort in the first place?

Well, that's when you try to be someone. Give yourself and life a purpose, etc.

Please, do continue that line of thought

Being an Atheist, there's no deity for me to refer to as far as proving my moral worth to in life. This means I hold great reverence for the impact I have upon people, and the legacy I leave behind when I die. So, I try to lead a compassionate life in which I touch as many people as I can in however many ways I have to.

This also means that, in order to maximize said impact, I have to lead a life that's relatively unique and walk a path relatively untouched. This means avoiding menial 9 to 5 work, escaping any obligatory work I don't actually feel like doing (Such as college); pretty much moving through life with as much personal discretion as I can exercise.

I feel the current social structure forces people into a generic way of living, where people go through about 19 years of mandatory schooling, and subsequently a job that lacks any personal fulfillment. I try to avoid this structure as much as is financially possible.

Hey fuck you don't make me get serious in RC.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:03:08 am by MrIndieDay »
Hey bro, your server was like Michael J. Foxx with a video camera
^^^^most offensive poster in the world.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2011, 01:07:33 am »

bro
random chatter is entropy, not chaos
entropy makes higher and higher levels of order occur over time
you can't have chaos without the order

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Musashi-COM

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2011, 01:09:15 am »

There's no such thing as a meaningful life in an objective sense of speaking. Objectively, our life is meaningless, because we are nothing but specks from a cosmic perspective. But since we are so tiny and ephemeral to the vastness of the existence, we don't have to worry about such vastness in the first place, because we cannot comprehend it, let alone modify it.

I guess Indie was just trying to tell us that there's really no other way to give our lives a meaning than the subjective judgement of our life experiences. Death is an off switch to our minds, so we shouldn't really care about anything beyond our lifespan, because we won't even be able to feel it.

The best thing we can do is become a beam of joy and happyness to eveyrone around us, so we can feel we are important to at least someone right now, and that we carved ourselves a special place in that person's memories and heart.

I think.

Also Indie I love you. That is exactly why I'm obsessed with ingeniousness and always being "extraordinary" whenever I can.

Darn it. Chaos accidentally leads to order. But can it go the other way around?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:17:19 am by [BRO] Brave Musashi »

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2011, 01:28:19 am »

yes

Musashi-COM

« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2011, 01:31:40 am »

Diagram that shit for me our dear readers

Spartan_239

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2011, 05:22:02 am »

What happened.

MrIndieDay

• The Barber.
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2011, 08:06:17 am »

There's no such thing as a meaningful life in an objective sense of speaking. Objectively, our life is meaningless, because we are nothing but specks from a cosmic perspective. But since we are so tiny and ephemeral to the vastness of the existence, we don't have to worry about such vastness in the first place, because we cannot comprehend it, let alone modify it.

I guess Indie was just trying to tell us that there's really no other way to give our lives a meaning than the subjective judgement of our life experiences. Death is an off switch to our minds, so we shouldn't really care about anything beyond our lifespan, because we won't even be able to feel it.

The best thing we can do is become a beam of joy and happyness to eveyrone around us, so we can feel we are important to at least someone right now, and that we carved ourselves a special place in that person's memories and heart.

I think.

Also Indie I love you. That is exactly why I'm obsessed with ingeniousness and always being "extraordinary" whenever I can.

Darn it. Chaos accidentally leads to order. But can it go the other way around?

Yeah life is totally meaningless, objectively. Everything in life is what we want it to be. So yeah, like you said, the meaning is ours to perpetuate and whatnot.

I'm going to lock this thread because fuck all of you this was so good.
Hey bro, your server was like Michael J. Foxx with a video camera
^^^^most offensive poster in the world.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
Re: Hey, Rainbow Dash (gem dis shyt)
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2011, 01:22:36 pm »

I gemmed this because it showcased the return of indie's pretension

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2011, 01:33:18 pm »

un-gemmed because indie is a faggot

Jowly

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2011, 03:31:21 pm »

A room full of flying intelligent knives trying to drive themselves into your anus is a dangerous but it's not that fun or great

David Bowie

• Scruffy Man
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2011, 09:59:29 pm »

With a little help from above, you'll feel the power of love
But she's mentally retarded so it's all fine

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2011, 10:02:19 pm »

How To Pronounce Love

Meower

• Elder God tier or Fagthulu, the great
  • Community Manager
  • Went fat once, never went back
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2011, 06:17:22 am »

Don't need no credit card to ride this train

so basically it's a double negative
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 35 queries.