August 23, 2019, 02:09:01 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Author Topic: Which FPS was your first one? Also general FPS thread.  (Read 28501 times)

KevinHunter

• Heroic Member
  • *Laughs in lurker*
    • Drake
Re: Which FPS was your first one? Also general FPS thread.
« Reply #525 on: July 06, 2018, 01:55:02 pm »

Fortress Forever Is A Fun Game, Sadly It's Deader Than GG2
What am I hoping for? A good game that people care about and has players? Are these three points impossible together?
I could state a few

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #526 on: July 06, 2018, 07:12:07 pm »

Tried Fortress Forever and it crashed after 3 minutes while trying to load training.
Looks promising so far.
Could be a nice game but somehow people seem to be able to fuck up everything.
I thought it could be good, but it is said that it is pretty muyh dead.
Fun.
What am I hoping for? A good game that people care about and has players? Are these three points impossible together?
a dead game but pretty fun for what it is. you'll only find players during day time (east coast time at least) night time is super dead
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

Brilliancegoat

• I'd rather just sing.
« Reply #527 on: July 07, 2018, 02:54:51 am »

Thanks for the info.

So the training leel loaded and apparently some fucking idiot thought it was a good idea to half the timescale for the bunnyhop section which actually just fucks up any timings I have learned so far. It also takes twice the time when you fuck up. I would punch the designer in the face. Never fucking playtested. Fucktards.
Okay apparently the same arrows that had previously meant a launch pad now only hint directions and I am meant to circle jump. Worst arrow placement ever

Game looks nice though.

Um, also I don't know how to even look up Quake I and II clients that are a bit more up-to-date, like ZDOOM (more options, screen resolutions, default mouselook which I could probably just enable in the launch options but I am that lazy etc). I find it really irritating to play Q2 in 4:3. I would like the kind of convenience that ZDOOM gave. You set things up easy, no console, no launch options.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 04:32:48 am by Brilliancegoat »

mad flavor

• Heroic Member
  • #FREEBOBBY2K18
    • hack my dick
« Reply #528 on: July 07, 2018, 12:58:04 pm »

all these years and he still blogs

Brilliancegoat

• I'd rather just sing.
« Reply #529 on: July 07, 2018, 02:00:36 pm »

I will always be 12 on these forums. <3

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #530 on: July 07, 2018, 04:57:33 pm »

fortress forever has fewer regular players than gg2

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #531 on: July 07, 2018, 06:14:49 pm »

'no'
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

Brilliancegoat

• I'd rather just sing.
« Reply #532 on: September 29, 2018, 06:28:08 am »

Apparently Quake has few players, and 95% of those few are playing on clustertfuck servers. I may be a nerd, but I do not really see the point of playing a game with settings that give zero shits about what the game would actually be good for. Why play in a match where 20 players are forced into a map designed for 4, and where you die the moment you spawn in? Why not tend towards slightly more competitive matches, the outcomes of which actually have something to do with your input and less with whether you get spawnkilled or not?
Also, duel. No matchmaking in Quake Live. You can waste all your time looking for matches which are actually close to being balanced. It does not happen.
Quake Champions? While the server settings are more standardised and a bit more reasonable, the game is a thousand times more demanding hardware-wise, which just does not compare to how easy it is to run Quake Live with hundreds of FPS. You just have to have that in a Quake game. It is not about fancy graphics. It is about gameplay. And the game being fancy-looking is not the only thing that eats up your framerate.
Is it impossible to combine only the good traits of the two and have an actually bombastic gaming experience? Why am I so alone being bothered by these (to me, obvious) flaws?

mad flavor

• Heroic Member
  • #FREEBOBBY2K18
    • hack my dick
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2018, 11:32:00 am »

*sips* now quake that was a game

Brilliancegoat

• I'd rather just sing.
« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2018, 08:49:27 am »

Ok so I have been throwing out all my pocket money (I am turning eighteen this year but I have never applied for student jobs) to buy a bunch of games, all of which I came to hate within mere hours. Perhaps a hundred euros even. None of those games gave me satisfaction. Every computer game is flawed in some fundamentals. Perhaps I should look more into some older sports, like... football(soccer) or martial arts. They make sense and have been evolving for quite some time.
I have always loved thinking (and complaining) about games and how to make them entertaining and useful. It irritates me when something is not right. I keep thinking of "perfect games", but I never see an example of that in reality. I am into smart work. I may be alone with that. And it sometimes makes me a bit too unforgiving towards people.
I may be weird.

Brilliancegoat

• I'd rather just sing.
Another Quake Blogpost
« Reply #535 on: October 22, 2018, 03:23:38 am »

Pepole are stupid as fuck. They host the most retarded servers, hundreds of them, and you only have these:
-Hundreds of empty servers, all with different modes
-Weird gamemodes
-Few servers that are filled up to the point at which they become unplayable, the maps are completely random and everyone says "yeah it's fun" even though it is a complete clusterfuck
-Duel servers... with no players
-Duel servers with very few players, you barely ever get into a match and even then, the opponent will have over 10 years more experience than me

It is disgusting. Complete ignorance. No one fucking cares about making something GOOD.
I swear if I were in that position, I could just shit out something better than the current state of Quake. My problem is not the incompetence in programming. Quake III and Live are well-crafted in that aspect. But the rules of the game and the environment are rotten as fuck. Could someone just distill the essence of Quake, perfect it and give it marketing that does not suck ass? Champions is a waste of funding in this aspect. Shitty marketing, shitty Quake experience. Money thrown out the window. Won't last.

Just notice what the fuck is happening around you, it is not that difficult, for fuck's sake. Just ask questions: Why is it like this? What are the problems? Why is everyone leaving? Why does everything suck shitballs? AND JUST FIND IT OUT.

I am one who is bothered by fundamental problems. A lot. May be similar to OCD. I don't know. But these things just fuck me up completely.

mad flavor

• Heroic Member
  • #FREEBOBBY2K18
    • hack my dick
« Reply #536 on: October 22, 2018, 10:43:43 am »

man its like u arent even trying anymore to be subtle about this stuff nobody reads
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36]

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 35 queries.