December 01, 2021, 03:19:15 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Faucet Networking [V1.8 released]  (Read 76136 times)

Dusty

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Dust in a box under a table
Re: Faucet Networking [V1.5.0 released]
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2013, 12:15:07 am »

Hm, odd.
I'm using the GG2 version of this (1.2.1 I guess) in GM:Studio and while socket_accept(acceptorthing) would return -1 if no one's connecting, and then return a value if someone is in my other uses of this, it's returning 0 for some reason..

Oh. If you don't activate, but just install it, the extension in GM:Studio it will still show all the functions as valid, but cause them to return 0.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:09:01 am by Dusty »

MedO

• Owns this place
Re: Faucet Networking [V1.7.1 released]
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2018, 06:11:56 pm »

Epic bump to notify that we're now at version 1.7.1!

It's a bugfix version to address this issue: https://github.com/Gang-Garrison-2/Gang-Garrison-2/issues/74
Funny enough it doesn't help at all with the specific issue that NAGN described in his bug report, but it does fix my related problem of being unable to host in that situation.

I'm lazy, just look at https://github.com/Medo42/Faucet-Networking-Extension/releases for the other changelogs since 1.5.0.
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

MedO

• Owns this place
Re: Faucet Networking [V1.8 released]
« Reply #167 on: September 01, 2019, 03:55:15 pm »

Another new version of Faucet Networking!

BlackDoomer prodded me to add slightly hacky (but fully working) support for binary strings.

Background for sending strings to the extension: Since GM is written in Delphi, it uses strings with a length prefix. Knowing this, we can simply look at the bytes before the start of the string to figure out the length. For the opposite direction, we prepare an empty string of the appropriate length in Game Maker and overwrite its content from within the extension.

https://github.com/Medo42/Faucet-Networking-Extension/releases/tag/V1.8
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 03:59:36 pm by MedO »
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 35 queries.