August 25, 2019, 07:18:52 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Brainstorm Thread  (Read 43182 times)

Intel Gourd

Re: Brainstorm Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 01:36:12 pm »

So would it be viable? I'm sure only few frequent the board anyway, getting a small amount of people who take the time to analyze a video would be an accomplishment anyway and it's quality > quantity with the posts.

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
  • I am a rising contender, confident to win.
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 03:14:42 pm »

The idea is good. If you want to start the ball rolling, write up some analysis and send me and pyro an OP.

You might want to make it a feature video of the week or something, where everyone can contribute thoughts. After each week, you can cycle the old videos out into a spoiler with quotes of some member analysis. Don't forget to take a reserve post just in case.

[Royal Gay Penguin Nachos Ibarra Gordita Agave] LC

• actually no one complained about me stretching the screen in the first place
  • 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
  • but you're still assholes
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 08:58:10 pm »

I like the idea of the video analysis. I would be willing to help out if I wasn't rather doubtful of my ability to break down "game film", so to speak. I'm no Ron Jaworski.  :z4: If this happened, I would suggest using the All-Star Tournament over the Feb one. The Feb tournament was pre-ammo/other updates and therefore probably has less relevance than the summer tournament, although I'm sure there's still tactical and strategic lessons to be learned from those matches.

Also, I did have a passing idea of a thread that would pertain to analyzing/rating/etc. the effectiveness of each class in a 4v4 scenario. A lot of players, even in this tournament, probably haven't played in many 4v4s, where things are quite different than a 6v6 or even a 5v5. Unfortunately, I don't know that I could write an OP that was verbose detailed and thought-provking enough to pass.
morally [incest] is around the same level as what gay marriage is today
shoulda let LC barf on him

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 09:05:05 pm »

Also, I did have a passing idea of a thread that would pertain to analyzing/rating/etc. the effectiveness of each class in a 4v4 scenario. A lot of players, even in this tournament, probably haven't played in many 4v4s, where things are quite different than a 6v6 or even a 5v5. Unfortunately, I don't know that I could write an OP that was verbose detailed and thought-provking enough to pass.
Send us a preliminary outline, and we can help you iron out the details of your ideas.

LC, you're capable of making intelligent sentences, so making good thought-provoking paragraphs is just a matter of making several intelligent sentences in a row.  :z4:

[Royal Gay Penguin Nachos Ibarra Gordita Agave] LC

• actually no one complained about me stretching the screen in the first place
  • but you're still assholes
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 10:55:16 pm »

I think I'll have some free time to do so after these next few days, so I'll make an attempt to get an outline rolling. It'll be nice to write about something I actually like for once.  :drool:
morally [incest] is around the same level as what gay marriage is today
shoulda let LC barf on him

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 03:15:45 pm »

I started something similar but I never got past heavy.

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Agh

• My maps
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 09:41:30 pm »

Nobody gets past heavy :x14:

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »

:z5:

died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Wherewolf

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2010, 05:14:49 pm »

I want to make a Conflict/Orange discussion for strategies and uses of specific classes on those maps in 4v4/5v5/6v6. Would that go here or in S&T?

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2010, 05:22:15 pm »

If the strategies are about classlimit 1 play, here probably.

One

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 06:11:06 pm »

S&T is (although techno might disagree) more for single-class strategy and guides (micro-management), while I see comp as being more for metagame, class relationships in multi-man games, and general macro-management strategy.  I'd say discussions for specific maps would apply in that, too.

Agh

• My maps
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 06:45:43 pm »

Who are you?

One

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 08:13:54 pm »

RocketJumpFreak35

• Spy is trollin' mah sentry
Garrison Olympics.
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 02:09:26 am »

We should make a sports server for GG2,
with:
Tennis: there are 2 Firebugs in each side and a Rocketman in the middle, the Rocketman shoots a rocket to a Firebug, he redirects it to the other one and the 1st Firebug does the same. The loser is the one that gets hit by the rocket (or dies  :hehe:).

Javelin Throw: a competition about which Detonator throws its stick bombs to a large distance.

110 m Hurdles: Runners run through a track full of obstacles.

High Jump: Rocketmen must rocket jump over a bar that if its touched or passed bellow it, it will kill you.

suggestions are accepted.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:10:57 am by RocketJumpFreak35 »

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 02:59:39 am »

this thread is for brainstorming thread ideas that pertain to tournaments or competitive play, not for brainstorming ideas in general.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 35 queries.