August 22, 2019, 09:12:24 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: Brainstorm Thread  (Read 43069 times)

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
  • I am a rising contender, confident to win.
Brainstorm Thread
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:08:14 pm »

Post any thoughts you have on creating potential threads here, so others can help discuss and shape the idea. Keep in mind the criteria for creating new topics.

edit: wtf is this shit with the merging you know what just repost your ideas here lol im deleting the old stuff.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:12:44 pm by RebelINS »

Waterfall

Re: Brainstorm Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:22:34 pm »

My idea was lost in the bottomlesss pit that is Rebel's merging malfunction, so I'll repost

The idea was a once-in-a-blue-moon forumer 10 vs 10 highlander match for some chaotic fun, preferrably on a large map. The feasibilty as well as how much fun it'll actually be is in question, however.

Thoughts?

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:33:39 pm »

10v10 way too big. Seriously how do you strategize for a 10v10? "form a giant mob and hope our giant mob can out spam their giant mob". With that many players you don't even need to have any deathmatching skill. You just hold m1 in the general direction of the other team and it's bound to hit a member of their mob. And even if you find 20 people who find being a part of a giant clash of the spam mobs fun, good luck getting all 20 people together at the same time.

Stick with 6v6 to 4v4, that's the ideal range for organized play. For pub play you'd want a maximum of 7v7 or 8v8, to allow some room for the afk and those not pulling their weight.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:34:12 pm by tro[go]gogogo »

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Snare

• International Rep
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Momentai...
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 12:55:43 am »

GG2 league. 3 month seasons run by a counsel of experienced players. Play-offs every last 2 weeks, all rules can be changed by the counsel every season, so it could be between 4v4 through 6v6 or anything for that point.

I still want to see this happen but my involvement with gg2 has waned way to much to do something this big.

]GS[ Airman

• Overglorified A/C unit.
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane
    • General Silliness
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 01:01:01 am »

GG2 league. 3 month seasons run by a counsel of experienced players. Play-offs every last 2 weeks, all rules can be changed by the counsel every season, so it could be between 4v4 through 6v6 or anything for that point.

I still want to see this happen but my involvement with gg2 has waned way to much to do something this big.
This could be feasibly clan-based with a set roster (lookin' at you, Turkeytits). Addresses "How do we form teams" right off the bat and gives clans something else to do in their spare time. Gets the more inactive clans like PHS and TIC off their asses.

I mean, coming up with eight can't be hard, can it?

1. ]GS[
2. [SOS]
3. [PHS]
4. [TIC]
5. (NI)
6. TG
7. [GU]
8. SC

This isn't including INS, whom I'm unsure would partake in this, the currently-reforming DOG, H@M, +BE+, TSF, and WSC.

That's 14 total clans, none of which are that inactive and could possibly make this (sans the last three).
Quote from: Speed of Dark
I dunno man I was like "Oh Boy! I can't wait to see what's goin' on in Random Chatter tonight!" And then everything exploded and the universe itself was like "WELL FUCK YOUR SHIT HAVE A THOUSAND MEGAMANS"

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 01:13:16 am »

10v10 way too big. Seriously how do you strategize for a 10v10? "form a giant mob and hope our giant mob can out spam their giant mob". With that many players you don't even need to have any deathmatching skill. You just hold m1 in the general direction of the other team and it's bound to hit a member of their mob. And even if you find 20 people who find being a part of a giant clash of the spam mobs fun, good luck getting all 20 people together at the same time.

Stick with 6v6 to 4v4, that's the ideal range for organized play. For pub play you'd want a maximum of 7v7 or 8v8, to allow some room for the afk and those not pulling their weight.
I think 6v6 randomized highlander would be better. Randomize which 6 classes you can pick from, so both teams run the same set up. Could make for some interesting adaptation and more unique strategies.

Lloyd

• Old
  • Super Beta Tester
  • The ghost of every deleted account and lost post
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 01:37:44 am »

My idea was lost in the bottomlesss pit that is Rebel's merging malfunction, so I'll repost

The idea was a once-in-a-blue-moon forumer 10 vs 10 highlander match for some chaotic fun, preferrably on a large map. The feasibilty as well as how much fun it'll actually be is in question, however.

Thoughts?
I would love to see one of these, and play in it. A 10v10 exhibition of each class, no "who's going to play what", no more of the same old matches replayed for the nth time, but a match or two about the actual game itself rather than which team can break it the most or jello the quickest. I was considering setting one up myself, after 2.3 comes out. Much like anything I want to do at the moment is waiting until 2.3 comes out >_>

Stick with 6v6 to 4v4, that's the ideal range for organized play
And is part of the reason I quit the clan section until further notice :/

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 01:48:45 am »

Trog has smartly pointed out why 10v10 is too big. Your only reason for supporting it is that it is contrary to the standard (6v6 or 4v4), which is a poor argument.

I can't see how 10v10 can possibly be competitive. It literally would be masses of people pushing at eachother. A lot of the finer strategies of positioning and micromanagement would be minimized to the mass amount of damage you will take. All it takes is for a lucky rocket, some random runner midrange, and a charged sniper shot to take out any class without any skill required.

Lloyd

• Old
  • Super Beta Tester
  • The ghost of every deleted account and lost post
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 02:05:23 am »

Trog has smartly pointed out why 10v10 is too big. Your only reason for supporting it is that it is contrary to the standard (6v6 or 4v4), which is a poor argument.
It would have been if that's actually what I'd said

My philosophy on large games vs small games can wait for a more appropriate time. For the moment I'm merely voicing my support for an idea.

Vein

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 10:36:22 am »

Free-for-all UNO battle in IRC.  Clan whose members win the most matches gets honored and possibly a parade thrown for them.

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 11:27:25 am »

It would have been if that's actually what I'd said

My philosophy on large games vs small games can wait for a more appropriate time. For the moment I'm merely voicing my support for an idea.
Did you read the rules? Voicing support to ideas goes hand in hand with creating compelling arguments with evidence. I'd be more open to your ideas of larger games if you would care to enlighten us.

Waterfall

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 02:04:31 pm »

Free-for-all UNO battle in IRC.  Clan whose members win the most matches gets honored and possibly a parade thrown for them.
Yet this is overlooked  :drool: But then again I since it's relevant to GG2 and has a competitive side to it it belongs here of all places

I think 6v6 randomized highlander would be better. Randomize which 6 classes you can pick from, so both teams run the same set up. Could make for some interesting adaptation and more unique strategies.

I think this would be ideal. One thing I'm wondering is should we have one guaranteed medic pick, or do we make his absence part of the challenge? Also, include Q/C or no?

Also if we decide to carry this out we should require a roster of 10 and not 6, so that it's just a bit more likely everyone attends  :z4:

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 02:09:17 pm »

I think this would be ideal. One thing I'm wondering is should we have one guaranteed medic pick, or do we make his absence part of the challenge? Also, include Q/C or no?

Also if we decide to carry this out we should require a roster of 10 and not 6, so that it's just a bit more likely everyone attends  :z4:
Highlander matches should roll with all classes, and no guaranteed picks so that each team has no excuse for having inferior set ups.

Also, a roster of 10 per side makes it harder for everyone to attend because it means that more people have to be online at the same time. It make it less likely that everyone attends.

Intel Gourd

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 06:57:21 pm »

I was thinking a general competitive play discussion where we post videos/recorded matches (can be pre-ammo too!) and analyze how both teams played. There's a lot of potential of discussion from the Feb 4v4 vids alone; we also have the exhibition matches, some of the summer tourney stuff, and lots of clan matches. The idea is sort of broad and needs some working on but I would like to see a thread where you can post a video of competitive play and get an in-depth analysis.

RebelINS

• Martial Expert
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 07:59:57 pm »

It depends on how many people are committed to writing up (or recording) comprehensive analysis.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 35 queries.