August 04, 2021, 01:51:49 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Full_Korbe's mapland : Waiting comments  (Read 23103 times)

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
Re: Full_Korbe's maps : Last : ctf_doublebase
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2011, 05:56:32 am »

It looks like a good map :D

Full_Korbe

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Sometimes, you just need a little more maps
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2011, 06:26:15 am »

cp_medieval compiled !
Small graphic and wallmask changes (medcabs are now degrootlike thanks to Lemonade).
So if someone wants to host it (preferably with at least 12 people), no problem !
And thanks Agh :D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:30:19 am by Full_Korbe »

Full_Korbe

« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 05:55:07 pm »

I love medieval-theme (no, I'm not making degrootkeep, not now), and I was wondering "Hey Full, you like medieval, you like maps... why not making many medieval-maps ?". That was a pretty good reflexion. And that was I've made another map (again, hope you aren't tired) :

-Red bars and blue bars are obvious I hope. There are 2 forward spawns, but I think they are useless. I would like to make one forward spawn after the second point. Will I have to use the Forward Spawn 2 ?
-Red arrows are moveboxes. The first will be a catapult and the others... I guess some sort of elevator (but medieval, with wood and stone... won't be very accurate historically... maybe with some slaves ?)
-Yellow rectangles are points. First is very easy to attack with a flank way and a CATAPULT. Second is I guess the hardest to take, but the easiest to attack because defenders can't attack attackers behind them.
-Yellow circles are medcab. Both of them will be hidden and not shown by sprites. The lowest are a trap : the accessible medcab is hidden and nobody will see it while the second is reachable easily and has a perfect flank exit. But purple lines are players wall and when they go to "fake" medcab, they are blocked by players wall and will have no choice but to kill themselves :hehe:
The other medcab will be hidden in the wall. In wallmask, it is reachable but in background, he won't do.
-Finally, last players walls are another way to go to last point.

Need comments :D !

ILF

• lurking for years
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 06:14:31 pm »

Looks really good! I'm guessing you meant for it to be hard to get to the second point, seeing as there's only one path across the bridge.
But purple lines are players wall and when they go to "fake" medcab, they are blocked by players wall and will have no choice but to kill themselves :hehe:
Why so evil.

Full_Korbe

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2011, 01:45:53 pm »

Finished and compiled. Upper bridges are playerswall (and so there is another way to go to point 2). The forward spawn becomes active after point 2, so it can be difficult. However, if attackers are fast enough, they can push easily trough bridge and capture the point by falling on defenses.
Arrows show moveboxes. I love them, they add a big plus on gameplay, and they help me a lot. I added another exit because I don't want to force attackers to pass by the tunnel.
And the blue thing is a little river.
That was funny to do, and I will use moveboxes again I think, they are usable competitively.

EDIT : See the OP if you want compiled maps.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:21:06 pm by Full_Korbe »

Full_Korbe

Re: Full_Korbe's maps : Last : cp_castleattack
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2011, 04:27:19 pm »

I'm must be mad. I'm trying to do degrootkeep in GG2 O.O

Blue circle is the first point, green one is the second and orange is the last. Red square is red spawn, blue is blue (uh). Red lines are redwalls and straight lines are moveboxes.
I can't do timer or things like that, so I had to change a lot of things. First of all, the points.
The first is "cliff-like" in TF2 (but I think I will invert places), and it's pretty easy to attack : defenders have to go to map's center to block opponents, or they can try to jump with the little tunnel. Attackers have two decent ways.
The second is "city-like", but it will be more think like a real cliff. You climb with rocks to the point, or use a catapult. Far from blue spawn but quite easy to defend. The L-thing is killboxes to go last point by the forward spawn. It's located above first point, at the entrance of the castle. I made this spawn because from the first, attackers can't reach last point, but at least exterior walls. That allow Blues to defend their defenses. The point can be attacked from many ways and some attackers can even block defenders. However, last one have a very quick access to point : a catapult. Attackers can also use it.

It's very demo-friendly and quite cramped, but I find that's not a bad thing. Need advices of course.

Full_Korbe

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »

Ok, ok, I stop mad things.
So I continue medieval maps.

That will be first part of cp_castleattack (yup, I make first part after second). REDs want to attack BLU secret base, which is after a tall tower situated in a cliff. Several secrets roads lead to the tower, but the base is well-hidden.
Arrows are of course moveboxes.

WM of koth_medieval. Simple AND NOT LONG !11!!.
But I saved WM ON the design. I will redo it...

Lemonade

• Apprenticecrastinator
  • Seasoned Member
  • BACK FROM THE DEAD (for now)
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 08:52:19 am »

This is a shame. This guys makes lots of maps, designs them carefully, listens to tips, balances stuff, does decent art, and nobody ever hosts or comments his maps. One single crappy map posted here gets averagely at least 5 replies, up to 10 or more. He posts maps he works on for hours here, and gets nothing, not a single comment, not even a "cool map" or "were you serious when you designed this".
Even worse is the only map he made that is hosted is his first, cramped map.

Please, people, do something.
i already have a pet that follows me around 24/7
it's called  :z4:
you may have seen it

Derpduck

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 08:56:44 am »

i do host gen_citybattle and some of his other maps are on some of my rotations but i never host them

Lemonade

• Apprenticecrastinator
  • Seasoned Member
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 09:10:18 am »

i do host gen_citybattle and some of his other maps are on some of my rotations but i never host them
Citybattle is his first map and he even said me he agrees it sucks. Maybe host his medieval maps.
you may have seen it

Derpduck

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2011, 09:10:50 am »

need locator (are they compiled)

Lemonade

• Apprenticecrastinator
  • Seasoned Member
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2011, 09:15:14 am »

Most of these are compiled. Also if you're not lazy you can make a locator yourself in ten seconds.
you may have seen it

Derpduck

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2011, 09:23:46 am »

sorry i meant the locator link

Full_Korbe

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2011, 10:20:55 am »

Thanks a lot Lemonade. It's nice to see some people wants to help unknown mappers (huh, I've never said they are good :D).
So yeah, I would love to see if my maps are nice to play, and what can I do to make them better (bar hiddenfort & citybattle, they are far too old). Moreover, I'm always afraid to seem pretentious or whatever, and I never ask people to host my maps (even if I said in Ultros's topic "WHY CITYBATTLE D:").

I will rehost all my maps with new links but now, it's cp_donthavenameyet time !

Just half of the map, but I want to finish red-part before starting to color blu part.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:38:45 am by Full_Korbe »

Washy

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2011, 10:35:10 am »

thats great
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 36 queries.