August 04, 2021, 01:23:43 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Full_Korbe's mapland : Waiting comments  (Read 23102 times)

Full_Korbe

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Sometimes, you just need a little more maps
Re: Full_Korbe's maps : Last : ctf_hiddenfort
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 10:09:47 am »

I need comments for cp_woodvalley (unless it's perfect \o/).
But here is a new map :

My idea was to make ctf_mars opposite. The crater becomes an hill, and fights take place in this hill, with a little building (mine center ?). I researched neutral colors, but except this, I'm satisfied.
The intel is on the little boxes, below and left (for red) or right (for blue) to the spawn rooms.
Oh, and there are two suns in this planet. No ask about light paradoxs, it's normal.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:11:55 am by Full_Korbe »

dr.stampy

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 02:56:04 pm »

way too many paths in that one

others are good though, i reccemend taking off the top hill part

CaptianSparklez

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 02:32:05 pm »

I always loved hueg maps, don't know why.
I love the second in op.

Full_Korbe

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 04:39:20 pm »

COMING BACK !
No compiled ctf_marsbasement, maybe one day. But I've made a new map : ctf_doublebase :

A very, very long map. Maybe I should remove a part between the hill and little bases. No tested.
I wanted to make a map with an important point just before the "main building". Hope you like long stairs.

Full_Korbe

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 05:36:01 pm »

ctf_doublebase 2.0
Compiled, tested a few and ready to be played !

Main changes : Great & Ugly stairs are removed, the hill is a little greater but more plane, and the underground is... changed I suppose.
Hope you like it !

Full_Korbe

Re: Full_Korbe's maps : Last : ctf_doublebase
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2011, 06:19:25 pm »

COMING BACK (once more)
I'm working on a more ambitious project : cp_medieval (not a mod, maybe will rename it) :

(orange bars are player walls)
A very, very [...] long map. About 1650 px, because I wanted to use forward points to their fullest. Maybe it's too long (800 px between 1st spawn and central point / 2nd forward point and last point, 650px between 1st forward point and 2nd point), but I found funny to make a long map. However, I'm not mad, and I tried to help offense :
- The second point is, I think, easy to capture. The forward point is near the point and the little building on the other side (will be a river) is a great advanced base. Demomen can easily bombard the point with their curvy stickies, and from the point, it's hard to attack... attackers.
- The last point have a very large overture which makes defenders very vulnerable form Rocketmen attacking from the little platform. You can't just hold the point, but the whole building.

Comments are welcome, as usual !

koromi

• z-land ambassador
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • [PHS][TIC]
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 09:35:26 pm »

COMING BACK (once more)
I'm working on a more ambitious project : cp_medieval (not a mod, maybe will rename it) :

(orange bars are player walls)
A very, very [...] long map. About 1650 px, because I wanted to use forward points to their fullest. Maybe it's too long (800 px between 1st spawn and central point / 2nd forward point and last point, 650px between 1st forward point and 2nd point), but I found funny to make a long map. However, I'm not mad, and I tried to help offense :
- The second point is, I think, easy to capture. The forward point is near the point and the little building on the other side (will be a river) is a great advanced base. Demomen can easily bombard the point with their curvy stickies, and from the point, it's hard to attack... attackers.
- The last point have a very large overture which makes defenders very vulnerable form Rocketmen attacking from the little platform. You can't just hold the point, but the whole building.

Comments are welcome, as usual !

the 2nd forward spawns are super close to middle cp.... could be a lot of spawncamping there without the consequences of extending out further to attack that. and only one exit from that spawn too. also, there is a waaaay too powerful line of sight from the "useless but funny tower to the middle cp, very sniper spammy. also there's a lot of unnecessary jumps/not that much fun bits between middle cp and the bases. the route underneath middle cp and forward spawns is too powerful in a 5 cp map, meaning backcaps are too easy and a push can gain a lot of space far easier than they should. the sections underneath the bases ( with the tunnels on the extreme left and right of the map) are pointless for red and blu and just make the map more cluttered.

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 03:34:22 am »

also, there is a waaaay too powerful line of sight from the "useless but funny tower to the middle cp, very sniper spammy.
The distance is 400+ pixels. Neither sniper nor soldier can shoot that far.

koromi

• z-land ambassador
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • [PHS][TIC]
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2011, 03:46:04 am »

also, there is a waaaay too powerful line of sight from the "useless but funny tower to the middle cp, very sniper spammy.

there's a sniper limit?

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2011, 04:53:33 am »

It's 300 something pixels

Full_Korbe

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 06:20:18 am »

Thanks !

I tested the sniper tower, you can only see to the little sniper nest (1st floor). So at least, you can make blinded-shot, but if Agh is right, no problem :D
For the second forward point, I guess you are right and I never thought about spawncamping but I can make a second exit easily (either back to the base or down in the tunnel).
To prevent push through the tunnel, what can I do ? I thought about creating another exit in the middle of the path (so just below central point) : defenders wouldn't have to back to their 2nd point. An autogun in particular would easily defend this way, if placed correctly, while your team take the point.
The second tunnel has some utility I think, but I guess I have to choose between the tunnel and the air-way with player wall. I wanted to make a way where players can help fight on the bridge (demomen) and safer than air-way (an heavy or an autogun can prevent many rushes). It's the only where defenders on the bridge can do nothing to you.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:21:23 am by Full_Korbe »

Washy

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 06:47:07 am »

IIRC it's 333 or something like agh said.

Wherewolf

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 10:22:59 am »

there's a sniper limit?

for good reason :D

Full_Korbe

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »

(click to see)
Changes :
- 2nd forward spawn is on the central building and can't be spawncamped.
- No longer playerwalls to climb on the main castle. Only scouts and I guess Soldiers / Demomen can reach this entrance with a little platform. The underground path will be more important, because it's the only alternative path to reach the last point for many classes.
- The central underground path no longer reach enemy 2nd point. You can only go to the middle now and then go to enemy point. And that path is now longer.

I'm far from a definitive version though.

Full_Korbe

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2011, 06:16:35 pm »

cp_medieval WITH COLORS ! But don't compiled. Bad.

I stole shamelessly many elements from many maps, like flags or trees, but I like this map. It's not finished yet (not compiled and I would like add things in buildings), but you have a last overview before compilation.
And thanks Yoghurt, your art is wonderful.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 35 queries.