June 28, 2022, 02:21:34 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372]

Author Topic: School Thread  (Read 300778 times)

free crzy

• Lucky Member
  • subscribe to pewdiepie
    • drain gang track you down like a bloodhound
Re: School Thread
« Reply #5565 on: November 13, 2016, 02:42:25 pm »

seasonal plebian

Perci

• Brilliancegoat
« Reply #5566 on: December 25, 2016, 08:45:08 am »

Might be a bit out of place, but I wanted to point something out.

When me and my class met in ninth grade, we often went out to eat together to a nearby KFC or whatever (no promo), talked intelligently, we were very well together. This ended rather shortly, and nowadays they actually go and get drunk like every week, and this is something that really worries me. The school dorm is dirty of alcohol, the others go to a bar of some sort, to me this is unbelievable. We are talking about 15-16 year old high-schoolers.

I myself don't completely despise alcohol, but I would rather not even try to test my limits ever. However, this is enough to make me feel a bit... out of place. And I am pretty sure that it is not my fault this time. I feel blessed for not at all being attracted by the thought of "turning too loose". I actually very much like "turning loose" at times, but only under reasonable conditions, and to a reasonable degree. I am really afraid of socializing with people who tend to go too far with it.

I bet getting drunk together temporarily gives an illusion of "something similar to being loved"... But from a sober perspective, these activities are scandalous. It is harmful in all ways. It's best if a community never even tries it, yet alone should it become a habit. These habits can most likely be led back to a lack of loving, and/or loads of stress. It should be the cause of parenting and education to make the lives of children better and happier. Sad, unsatisfied children are very likely to get bad habits. I feel like there is a potential vicious cycle here: People with sad childhoods may themselves make the childhoods of the next generation even worse... Then this new generation might continue making the situation worse. You get the picture.

I am pretty lucky to have a nice, loving community (local Catholic youth) to rely on. Some also get loads of satisfactory love from their family, or other people. But those who don't know such a company to help them are again, very vulnerable to developing harmful habits.

Merry Christmas, by the way.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:45:38 am by Brilliancegoat »

Perci

• Brilliancegoat
« Reply #5567 on: April 17, 2017, 09:19:30 am »

A few weeks ago we had Danish exchange students over and one of them asked me why we weren't using laptops during lessons, and I got sort of confused. Turned out it's a standard there to use them during lessons, which really surprised me. Here we are happy if the school can maintain the building, yet alone get laptops for every student. I'm not saying this to criticise the Hungarian government, but I find this slightly worrying.
A lot of the money our schools once had actually went into a trend with "interactive boards", which cost a fortune and have no real use in practice. It's a white surface in the classroom onto which you can project images like onto any white wall, but with the bonus that you also pay a lot for a touch screen, which you will never in life use because it does not help with anything.
Like, there are these stupid things that are believed to revolutionize education, but ultimately just end up being useless shits that schools pay millions for, somehow. I don't know how they managed to sell us all of this stuff, they must have been good at marketing to have fooled dozens of schools into believing that these will come in handy for anything.

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #5568 on: April 18, 2017, 03:15:44 am »

i have an exam in 28 hours that i don't wanna take

:panic:

actually this whole post was just because i wwanted to save that emoji as a gif

bustatunez

• Seasoned Member
  • just a busta
« Reply #5569 on: April 28, 2017, 05:54:34 pm »

:panic:

OwO how'd your exam go. I've got my last bunch of finals for my major coming up in two weeks. Then it's off to the land of semi-freedom (tutoring training, along with summer plans I've yet to secure, but yeah).

Like, there are these stupid things that are believed to revolutionize education, but ultimately just end up being useless shits that schools pay millions for, somehow. I don't know how they managed to sell us all of this stuff, they must have been good at marketing to have fooled dozens of schools into believing that these will come in handy for anything.

Yeah, all you really need is a trusty ol' notebook and pen most of the time. For me I'll use my phone if there's an ebook we're using in class, but that's it. Some of my friends prefer typing, and that's fine, but then it becomes easier to get distracted during a lecture (as I've seen countless times lol). My high school was always down on funds, though I really wish they would've spent more effort into getting the resources we all needed rather than wanted. Joke was on them after they bought laptops for the 9th grade underclassmen, though, cuz most of them ended up broken.

2Wheeze

• that machine can kiss my ass
« Reply #5570 on: April 28, 2017, 09:27:58 pm »

I type faster and more accurately than I write so I took all of my notes in word or notepad. I'd doodle graphics in paint.net

My high school had so little money that we legitimately had some classrooms that didn't have whiteboards in them. I remember the middle school got smartboards after I graduated high school. Wonder what it's like nowadays.

Mr.kown

• /trash/
« Reply #5571 on: May 01, 2017, 06:56:35 am »

i don't get why are the ugly girls are so mean to people i'm just saying.

and some cute too
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:01:50 am by Mr.kown »

bullets (obviously)

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #5572 on: May 01, 2017, 04:24:14 pm »

Hi busta! whale comeback

I got a 80 on the exam :^( tfw avg was 75
fuck heat transfer

got finals 17th and 19th, assfuckton of projects to do first though

bustatunez

• Seasoned Member
  • just a busta
« Reply #5573 on: May 01, 2017, 11:26:46 pm »

i don't get why are the ugly girls are so mean to people i'm just saying.

and some cute too

Girls are meaniefaces. Also crazy.

I remember the middle school got smartboards after I graduated high school. Wonder what it's like nowadays.

I wonder, too. Glad I'm outta there, though.

Hi busta! whale comeback

fuck heat transfer

Thx, its good2beback. And rip. Well good luck with all your stuff :c1:

SevereHazard

• fuck this game
« Reply #5574 on: May 01, 2017, 11:37:57 pm »

Hi busta! whale comeback

fuck heat transfer

bullets, ur asian wheres ur 100s.

read my sig because im banned

• Heroic Member
  • Sigh
« Reply #5575 on: May 02, 2017, 05:42:56 pm »

wait he Asian?

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372]

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 35 queries.