September 21, 2020, 04:50:06 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 15 guests have died in the crash  (Read 3698 times)

Saltonara

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
  • me go bathroom
15 guests have died in the crash
« on: August 10, 2010, 08:33:11 pm »

So I found my Roller Coaster Tycoon CD's (the regular and the expansion pack "Loopy Landscapes") a few days ago and I launch it via Steam. Nearly every time I do, someone on my friends list feels so nostalgic they jizz themselves. But I did too when I first got to play it.

It tends not to work correctly on these more modern computers, as would be expected. For Windows 7, you simply run it in compatibility mode for Windows 95 or 98 (this allows you to actually play the game) and Disable Visual Themes (this allows you to load and save games and save tracks). Sometimes (for me) it comes up all fucked up colors and gives me an error than proceeds to exit the game upon pressing Enter. If this occurs, just try again. If it continues to occur, change the compatibility to 95 if you had it on 98 and vice versa.

So whatever, let us discuss the game here, maybe post our saved parks so others can feast their eyes upon our shitty wonderful management (nobody will do this though), and probably post our SUPER COOL! roller coasters and stuff we made.

I personally hate RCT3 btw. RCT2 is my favorite, but it seems like a huge expansion pack rather than a new game. That's fine though.

So yeah. I managed to complete the requirements for 5 parks in 3 days. Forest Frontiers, Leafy Lake, Dusty Dunes (or whatever it's called. That one was a bitch because nobody was ever fucking happy and my park rating was only 609 when I completed the requirements), and two other ones that require you to just get a park rating of at least 600 and a certain amount of guests by the whateverth October.

I have a problem with making roller coasters too intense and not exciting enough. I've been getting better with it lately though, keeping most intensity ratings between 6 and 9 while keeping the excitement ratings at at least 5.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:44:40 pm by {TG}-Colton »

Hamster307

Re: 15 guests have died in the crash
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:37 pm »

So I found my Roller Coaster Tycoon CD's (the regular and the expansion pack "Loopy Landscapes") a few days ago and I launch it via Steam. Nearly every time I do, someone on my friends list feels so nostalgic they jizz themselves. But I did too when I first got to play it.

It tends not to work correctly on these more modern computers, as would be expected. For Windows 7, you simply run it in compatibility mode for Windows 95 or 98 (this allows you to actually play the game) and Disable Visual Themes (this allows you to load and save games and save tracks). Sometimes (for me) it comes up all fucked up colors and gives me an error than proceeds to exit the game upon pressing Enter. If this occurs, just try again. If it continues to occur, change the compatibility to 95 if you had it on 98 and vice versa.

So whatever, let us discuss the game here, maybe post our saved parks so others can feast their eyes upon our shitty wonderful management (nobody will do this though), and probably post our SUPER COOL! roller coasters and stuff we made.

I personally hate RCT3 btw. RCT2 is my favorite, but it seems like a huge expansion pack rather than a new game. That's fine though.

So yeah. I managed to complete the requirements for 5 parks in 3 days. Forest Frontiers, Leafy Lake, Dusty Dunes (or whatever it's called. That one was a bitch because nobody was ever fucking happy and my park rating was only 609 when I completed the requirements), and two other ones that require you to just get a park rating of at least 600 and a certain amount of guests by the whateverth October.

Fucking.

Roller Coaster Tycoon.

God damn it, I played that so much when I was little. Remember when people would like puke on the walk ways? And you had to get cleaning people to clean it up? Good shit.

Also, making roller coasters with holes in them.

asdf64isdead

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:43:48 pm »

THIS RIDE'S TOO BORING
THIS RIDE'S TOO EXCITING
THIS POOL OF WATER THE GIANT METAL PLIERS DROPPED ME IN IS TOO WET
fucking unhappy guests

Saltonara

• me go bathroom
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 08:46:12 pm »

You know what's fun to do when you get bored and want to turn your park into a deathtrap? Delete the pathways at the exits of popular rides and replace them with pools of water.
There's also a glitch that killed guests sorta that I found when I was little. I'll perform it again and post a video.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:46:53 pm by {TG}-Colton »

asdf64isdead

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 08:47:35 pm »

>Make a giant fenced in area next to the entrance
>Put only the people who puke and are never happy there to set an example
Ah, good times.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 08:47:51 pm by asdf64 »

YellowSubmarine

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:50:57 pm »

Played it at my friends some time ago during the school year.

I made a long track ( She said that ) that streatched around the whole park and at the end made a huge fenced in pool, it was popular for some reason, glitch or something, even though everyone was dying but still, wasn't too bad.

Saltonara

• me go bathroom
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 08:54:38 pm »

That's odd because after a Station Break Failure caused one of my roller coasters to crash nobody wanted to go on it at all, despite being the park's most popular ride. I even added breaks before the Station Platform but everyone still thought it was unsafe.

And that is why I now ALWAYS check what caused my roller coasters to "break down".

Chu

• Dino man
  • 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • hm
    • Steam Account
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 09:46:58 pm »

I wish I figured out that I could do this when I was little, because I somehow lost my CD:

Basically the first maze is free and baits everyone onto the island, then the only way off is to go into the second maze which is $10
Also add $5 mazes on either side of the island that lead back to said island
Click links.

Saltonara

• me go bathroom
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 09:48:07 pm »

charging people 100 dollars to use the bathroom :smiley16:

Teekytots [PC][OG]

• Retired Big Man
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Fear is only a State of Mind
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 09:50:22 pm »

Going to look for my CD for the original roller coaster tycoon.
I have signatures turned off

YellowSubmarine

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 10:25:20 pm »

Like I said GLITCH
but also if where talking about zoo tycoon
I played that too and made a bunch of t-rexs then put up shitty fences so they brook out and killed everyone YES!

Hanz Ketchup

• close that door behind yourself you lil fucking dummy
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • holyfuckingshit-40000.tumblr.com
    • Tumblr! In case you missed it just a few lines up.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 10:46:12 pm »

This fucking shit is so cash. I always loved pissing off everyone by changing the paths to popular rides into grass and constantly sending management there. I also liked getting 200 or so people in an empty park, and then boxing them in with port-a-johns. Oh, the days of enclosing all my guests into a square of nothing but burger joints and drink stands, and having a single port-a-john.
Also, has anyone ever looked at a single person for so long that their 'what this person is thinking' bar changes to say "I feel like someone is watching me"?

Saltonara

• me go bathroom
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:19 pm »

Yes, I did it earlier. Also, if you pick someone up for a mega long time, they get super pissed off and eventually their face icon will become red.

One

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 10:51:47 pm »

This fucking shit is so cash. I always loved pissing off everyone by changing the paths to popular rides into grass and constantly sending management there. I also liked getting 200 or so people in an empty park, and then boxing them in with port-a-johns. Oh, the days of enclosing all my guests into a square of nothing but burger joints and drink stands, and having a single port-a-john.
Also, has anyone ever looked at a single person for so long that their 'what this person is thinking' bar changes to say "I feel like someone is watching me"?
I never knew that could happen :drool:

Spiralstorm

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 10:53:25 pm »

I never knew that could happen :drool:

It can. I used to have it happen to me all the time if I went to the bathroom while watching someone.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 35 queries.