August 05, 2021, 10:04:25 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Poll

First thing to do for the OP?

Mascot
Theme Song
Class Portraits
Other
Generic Joke Option

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 199

Author Topic: [SC] Superiority Complex [NOT RECRUITING] [Bess Wartime Aliases '11]  (Read 201918 times)

Hanz Ketchup

• close that door behind yourself you lil fucking dummy
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • holyfuckingshit-40000.tumblr.com
    • Tumblr! In case you missed it just a few lines up.
Re: A New Perspective
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 07:46:42 pm »

Alrighty then

Army Ant

• Fool
  • where is the medicine
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 09:49:21 pm »

Hmm turns out that I thought it was monday today, and there's a scrimmage between GC and AF at around the same time we scheduled that tryout. gonna have to be thursday if that's okay with you. btw superiority complex sounds pretty badass to me  :z5:
The medicine explodes

aptanananananator

• White Knight
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Indie'll name his kid after me
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 09:51:22 pm »

I'll be out of town thursday through monday :z4:
If my hotel has wi-fi I might be able to get on thursday evening.
[22:07] tank: aptanors jew fro is godlike

Army Ant

• Fool
  • where is the medicine
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 10:11:56 pm »

okay, and if it can be any later than that, it's fine with me if it's fine with you.
The medicine explodes

LocalBystander

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 10:25:34 pm »

I should but i shouldn`t :z7:

Intel Gourd

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 10:26:10 pm »

A clan devoid of forum politics and flashy gimmicks, with member choice based solely on in-game skill. A New Perspective on how clans should work.

I fail to see what you mean by "forum politics" and "flashy gimmicks." Nearly every clan here still accepts on basis of skill: TIC, PHS, GA, GS, SS, GC. INS was an in-group of players, don't know if that is in any way forum politics as they have really done nothing to interfere with the basic flow of the clan section. When you say flashy gimmicks, do you mean a pretty OP? I thought that was kind of needed to be a successful clan, as it entices users and conveys professionalism. If it is, I fail to see how that would have anything to do in regards to accepting members.

Before I would think of joining this clan, I want to know what you mean by "forum politics" and "flashy gimmicks," because it's basically putting down all the hard work us clan leaders have put into our clans.

Also, by the way, member choice based solely on skill isn't exactly a new perspective. That's solely my opinion.

aptanananananator

• White Knight
  • Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 10:33:23 pm »

The only really skill-based clans I see right now are TIC and INS (both invite-only), and PHS which, while now recruiting, wasn't at the time I made this thread and hadn't for some time.
And you can't claim a choice on whether or not to admit a member is never effected by post count or personal bias.
Perhaps flashy gimmicks was a poor choice of words, but look at many of the new clans, Armed Forces, SOS, both built off a gimmick and will recruit anyone to walk through the door. As far as many clans go, skill has nothing to do with getting accepted. I didn't mean to insult any of the work you've put into your clan, even inadvertantly.

Intel Gourd

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:03 pm »

/AF/ still openly tries to conduct wars and has a decently-skilled memberlist, but that's besides the point.

I was pretty quick to point all that stuff out and did it in a small fit of rage. While I no longer have qualms with your clan, I do have a few points to rebut, just to put them out there:

a. GA is definitely skill-based, as well as SS and (partly) GS.
b. Personal bias can be extended in-game, for example AEF; some people revere his skill, some don't think he's all that. So it really depends on the LEADER's opinion of a certain player.
c. I'd hope this clan gives members declined previously a chance to reapply, since people get better at GG2 over time.
d. The "many clans" you mentioned are mostly joke clans. They really have no bearing over the clans section other than the fact that there is a lot of them.

But I appreciate your efforts Ap. I thought prior this was kind of like GC, but noticed post count indeed has a factor in recruitment.

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
  • A Melody from the Past..
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 10:45:13 pm »

Name: Chicken Soup
Best Class(es): Medic, Sniper, Engineer
What you feel you bring to the table: I'm the glue. I can play anything, be anywhere, do anything you need. I'm mostly a defensive player, but certain classes or opportunities are used suicidally.
Other: I want an active clan, not a washed-up clan of hasbeens who don't do anything.

aptanananananator

• White Knight
  • Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 10:47:19 pm »

Post did seem a bit offend, wasn't my intention.
I am trying to find someone who can watch the test match outside the clan and give me a second opinion on applicants, just to ensure bias is removed and of course applicants can reapply.

Name: Chicken Soup
Best Class(es): Medic, Sniper, Engineer
What you feel you bring to the table: I'm the glue. I can play anything, be anywhere, do anything you need. I'm mostly a defensive player, but certain classes or opportunities are used suicidally.
Other: I want an active clan, not a washed-up clan of hasbeens who don't do anything.
As I said Soup, anybody and everybody can apply, but they all need to be tested. Haven't seen your Sniper at all, even under your alias, and that's definitely a class we need.

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 10:48:01 pm »

That's why I applied. I want to try out.

aptanananananator

• White Knight
  • Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 10:49:17 pm »

I can tomorrow, if there's a time then that's convenient for you.

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 10:50:31 pm »

Just message me on steam when you're ready, though my sniper's fallen a bit out of practice. I'm sure it's still up to snuff but I'll be practicing.

Intel Gourd

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2010, 12:15:36 am »

GA?

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2010, 12:26:01 am »

I still do stuff :z7:

sorta

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 199

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 38 queries.