February 25, 2020, 04:15:59 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Author Topic: 2 CHILIDOGS TO GO PLEASE (ITT: Sonic and Gaems)  (Read 19142 times)

Kitten-Ren

Re: Sonic Gaming Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:45 pm »

I can know more about Sonic the hedgehog than anyone by spending a few days researching. Don't judge the power of the Internet.

Also NAGN, Warioware sucks. Because it's an example of what a "gimmicky DS" would be.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 11:00:17 pm by Ren Partycat »

AcidLead

• The Flash of the Action
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Our hero returns triumphant. Execute him at once.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 11:01:27 pm »

sonic CD goes very fast (though getting perfect futures is happy go lucky)
What are you smoking.

I found all the teleporters, all the holograms, and even the statues in Wacky Workbench. Long to complete, but compensates for the otherwise shortness of the game.
fire at cyberdisc
eighty-five percent hit chance
doh, she missed the shot

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 11:02:38 pm »

well that's further proving my point.

the only reason why sonic (at least our version) exists is because SEGA was trying to beat Nintendo.

The whole fucking game was designed to be an in-your-face Genesis advertisement. Alot of shit was added in to keep it edgy in the 90's, from spikes on his forehead, to white gloves that were inspired by Michael Jackson (I kid you not)

When you take the competition away you finally realize that the game wasn't that good to begin with.

Im best sonic fan Last time I checked you didn't scour the internet to find old interviews like this one
http://sost.emulationzone.org/sonic_3/interview/rogerhector.htm

9NINE9

• Seasoned Member
  • I never come down, I'm high alone
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 11:04:57 pm »

Well there's no giant running areas like all over Sonic Rush, but it's fun to speed through some of the earlier levels.

It's still one of my favorite sonic games so go eat shit <3

@nagn: and no it doesn't; I described sonic like that because while the base idea is a gimmick, like the DS or Wii, it didn't come out to that in the end; it was just a platformer with a slight preference for speed.

If they wanted edgy they'd leave the fangs and shit Sonic was going to have.  Being fat with th exact same gloves mario had isn't edgy.

Kitten-Ren

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 11:05:07 pm »

I know someone who's a major sonic fan, but I won't bring him in just to try to prove you wrong.

I'm only reminding you all that the Internet is like a God's Study. No religion intended.

AcidLead

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 11:05:34 pm »

well that's further proving my point.

the only reason why sonic (at least our version) exists is because SEGA was trying to beat Nintendo.

The whole fucking game was designed to be an in-your-face Genesis advertisement. Alot of shit was added in to keep it edgy in the 90's, from spikes on his forehead, to white gloves that were inspired by Michael Jackson (I kid you not)

When you take the competition away you finally realize that the game wasn't that good to begin with.

Im best sonic fan Last time I checked you didn't scour the internet to find old interviews like this one
http://sost.emulationzone.org/sonic_3/interview/rogerhector.htm
TROLL REVEAL SPRAY GO, I HAVE DECLOAKED YOU AND YOU ARE EXPOSED
fire at cyberdisc
doh, she missed the shot

9NINE9

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 11:07:14 pm »

Oh, and I didn't like any mario game besides Super Mario World, so I don't have a nostalgia cloud, nor a past-company-competition context to the games.  I find them great through simple opinion and gameplay.

AcidLead

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:35 pm »

Oh, and I didn't like any mario game besides Super Mario World, so I don't have a nostalgia cloud, nor a past-company-competition context to the games.  I find them great through simple opinion and gameplay.
SML is deec

Also WARIO LAND WAH
fire at cyberdisc
doh, she missed the shot

9NINE9

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »

Also I've only played the PC versions of 1/2/3/S&K/CD/R.

Rawr

AcidLead

• Veteran Beta Tester
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2010, 11:11:32 pm »

Also I've only played the PC versions of 1/2/3/S&K/CD/R.

Rawr
They're not too different from the cart versions.

Well, S3D Blast is, but that's something else.

Also Sonic R isn't a cart, I've only played the PC version, but I hear the original version looks nicer.
fire at cyberdisc
doh, she missed the shot

Spiralstorm

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2010, 11:12:08 pm »

Oh man, Sonic R. Good times. Did Tails Doll scare anyone else?

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2010, 11:14:53 pm »

But sonic isn't good anymore

Sure it's still old-school happy-happy-fun-fun on the handhelds but it's not as big as it was in the 90's.

Sonic the hedgehog cannot innovate like mario did to 3-D because of many core concepts that made 2-D sonic games so great.

1. Speed speed is very nerfed in the third dimension because of depth and the general size of things (sonic moved faster because the screen size was relatively small in comparison to his sprite
2. You can no longer just hold down the right (or up on the analog stick) any more and hope for the best, that's what made the first game so fun
3. Combat is severely limited due to the less effectiveness of the spin dash and less control over jumps (since he's so small now he's harder to control and hit over enemies) The homing attack helps relieve this, but that attack breaks up the action

these problems may or may not be sonic team's fault, but the point is that the new formulas laid out for new sonic games aren't working

L

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 11:22:17 pm »

any who this was probably my most liked sonic game mainly due to versus
Sonic Adventure 2 Music - Escape From The City (City Escape)

Spiralstorm

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 11:22:30 pm »

Sonic Unleashed day stages worked.

9NINE9

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 11:25:40 pm »

I agree speed is nerfed, but that's just because they didn't have a good way to handle it; you can't make it free-roaming like Mario.  Just look at some E3 coverage of Colors, it's obviously focused on one direction.  Sega just wasn't very good at realizing what they were supposed to do; even then, I think the speed element works very well in Sonic Adventure.

Anyone who likes hold-right-and-win is a casualfag who is bad at videogames.

As with speed, they just had to fix it.  Homing Attacks work well enough (no seriously, I've never had any glitchy problems with the HA in any sonic game, not even shadow, which everyone hates).  Few people used the spin-dash so much as just rolling mid-sprint to kill anyway.  It was more jumping than a spin dash.

Also this is a pointless discussion cause the 3d games aren't good.  Why are you bringing them up when I'm arguing the gimmickiness of the starting games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 35 queries.