December 01, 2021, 04:18:54 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The purpose of this board/Rules  (Read 6280 times)

mrfredman

• Faucet Executive
  • Administrator
  • Shootin' Down Your Ideas Since 2008
    • My New Website
The purpose of this board/Rules
« on: April 14, 2009, 02:11:13 pm »

If you have a project that you are working on that you want help turning into a Faucet collaborative, open-source, game, this is the place to post it.

The rules of this forum:

1) You are allowed to brainstorm projects here, but only if you are seriously planning on working on them.

2) If would be preferable if you didn't post about a project here until you had some sort of working prototype, but if you are looking for assistance, ideas, or collaborators you may post here.

3) Keep things decent and respectful, this is a creative collaborative environment, and while constructive criticism is accepted and even encouraged, hostility and unnecessary negativity will be harshly dealt with.

mrfredman

• Faucet Executive
  • Administrator
  • Shootin' Down Your Ideas Since 2008
    • My New Website
Re: The purpose of this board/Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 10:33:29 pm »

A lack of experience is not an excuse to give up, if anything, it's a clear reason you should keep working. By continuing to work you will gain experience and get better, sitting on your butt waiting for someone else to make your game won't get you or your game very far.

No offense intended or anything, just making an attempt at advice. I hope someone will help your project continue to grow, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Saniblues

• Onion Knight
Re: The purpose of this board/Rules
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 12:30:51 pm »

So, I'm the moderator of this section now. I don't want to step on anyones' toes too much here, since this is a pretty simple and effective set of rules for the section.

The only rule I'm adding on here, is something that's more-or-less been in effect for quite some time; I'm going to give new projects a timeframe of two weeks to show a reasonable amount of content before locking them. I'm not asking for the whole project within that timeframe, just enough to say "hey, I'm serious about seeing this through to a certain extent." I'll play the exact amounts by ear since it varies from project to project, and I'll be pretty liberal about letting slower projects slide, but as a general rule, "Nothing" will probably get the threads closed. You can send me a private message to get the thread unlocked when you have more content to show.

Again, this rule has already been in effect to a certain extent. This is just the official statement.
Quote from: mop
Quote from: MR MAGN3TIC
I don't like it.  :nah:
Oh, well, you might as well pack up and stop now, because he doesn't like it
I'm bored out of my skull, Lets play a different game!
Lets take a visit down below And cast the world in flames!

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 36 queries.