October 16, 2021, 04:42:36 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Map-specific tips  (Read 5844 times)

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
Map-specific tips
« on: April 27, 2010, 07:22:25 pm »

Can you see the 5 stickies in this picture? Probably yes, because it's a static image and you've got all the time in the world.
But say your focus is somewhere else because you're running away from the enemy. Then it's really easy to miss them because they blend in perfectly with the environment and BOOM you got killed by an actual sticky trap.

On 2Dfort, as a scout, upon entering the enemy along the top route, spinning against the crate will allow you to get up to the platform with a single double jump, instead od wasting time getting on the crate absorbing bullets.

This is a shortcut which too few people use. You save 2 seconds, which is just enough time to do a useless taunt.

In this situation it's slightly faster to switch classes than running all the way up. Very useful when time is short, e.g. an enemy just took your intel.

An alternative way to flee with the intel  as a deto. It costs you 75hp, but once you're up there, nobody will be able to stop you.

In dirtbowl 1-1 you don't need to stand on the point to cap it,

In dirtbowl 3-2 the respawn room extends all the way to the bottom. Enter it and switch classes to get quickly healed.

The ceilings in egypt got holes through which you can snipe runners with a little luck.
Oh, and of course the runner can shoot down on the sniper and the other enemies through those holes.

Here's a nice place for spies to spam their shots on enemies, who stand on the point.

With good timing all classes except soldier and heavy can make this jump.

A good position to defend the generator in gen_destroy. You can absorb damage that was meant for the generator. Additionally you can easily shoot at attackers coming from all three directions.

The fastest way to descend those truefort stairs. If you do a taunt while falling down, you look like a pro! A soldier or sniper at the bottom can shoot people at the top. Keep in mind that the 2dfort stairs got the same attributes despite looking slightly different.

:whistle:
Another good sticky hiding spot.

You can use the sewer in both ways if you know how to spinjump. You spinjump by doing a normal jump, but you press yourself against the wall and quickly move your mouse left and right. It doesn't work with all classes though :(

If you press against the wall, you can shoot through it and hit the autogun on th usual spot. (thanks Lloyd)

You can find a list of useful runner spin jumps here: http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=9220.0
This is a list of cheap very useful sniper shots: http://www.ganggarrison.com/forums/index.php?topic=13391.0
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:13:10 am by [GA]Agh »

Teekytots [PC][OG]

• Retired Big Man
  • Soldier of Fortune
  • Fear is only a State of Mind
Re: Map-specific tipps
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »

I knew the fact that the holes in Egypt are quite useful as a runner. Sometimes, I actually fall right through the platform. Is that meant to be?  :z4:
I have signatures turned off

Agh

• My maps
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:05 pm »

As you can see, the holes are 2 map pixel wide and the runner is 2 pixel wide too. So you just barely fit through.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:28:17 pm by [GA]Aghgh »

Muddywater

• rotaredoM
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Hi.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:28:48 pm »

The generator thing may not work though with explosives, unless you're a runner and you just jump into them when they're not even close. Firebugs can do that from the ground though.
This message requires a Gold Forum Account™ in order to be read. Activate your free trial for gold membership by hitting CTRL+W!

Rock

• Seasoned Member
  • Am I dead?
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »

Typo
A good position to defend the intel in gen_destroy

:hehe:
Resident Oldfag

Kainerok

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 08:15:33 pm »

Ah, I never knew that the platforms in Egypt had those holes. I knew that you could shoot through them, but I didn't think they were intentional. I thought there was a single hole that allowed bullets through.

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
  • A Melody from the Past..
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 08:23:39 pm »

Ah, I never knew that the platforms in Egypt had those holes. I knew that you could shoot through them, but I didn't think they were intentional. I thought there was a single hole that allowed bullets through.
I thought they were bullet walls.

Wherewolf

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:01:28 pm »

They really should be edited IMO.

Great tips, I never really noticed the Dirtbowl 1-1 cap area.

a/d

• pro donglosaur
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:55:16 pm »

On 2Dfort, as a scout, upon entering the enemy along the top route, spinning against the crate will allow you to get up to the platform with a single double jump, instead od wasting time getting on the crate absorbing bullets.

Will post pic if I remember.

I have a surprising amount of these reverse spinjump spots.
go canada or whatever, maybe your country is cool too

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:56:49 pm »

Anyone else notice the little ledge in 2Dfort for getting on the roof?

Agh

• My maps
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 12:29:22 am »

That's really useful :D I added it to the first post.

I_am_awesome

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 01:01:02 pm »

Good sir, every class is able to do the jump. heavy and rocketman are just pretty damn close.yes I even tested it

favicon guru

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 03:52:39 pm »

In 2Dfort, the floor right under the stairs that leading onto the roof of the covered bridge in the middle gets lots of runner traffic. Detos can lay a quick sticky trap there to impede a runner or kill him en route to intel.

Agh

• My maps
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 06:55:13 pm »

I don't understand which spot you're talking of. There are many obvious and not so obvious places where you can do a sticky trap. Can you provide a picture?

Your post made me remember another rarely used trick :D . The invisible 2dfort sticky trap:

I added that one to the first post.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2214/destroyjump.png

Good sir, every class is able to do the jump. heavy and rocketman are just pretty damn close.yes I even tested it
But can you do it consistently on the average server with its slight lag?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:55:38 pm by [GA]Aghgh »

favicon guru

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 07:10:43 pm »

It's obvious, but it works in a bind. Especially with "jellonixons."
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 35 queries.