February 01, 2023, 05:54:07 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Chicken Soup for the Budding Medic: A Healer's Guide  (Read 15801 times)

Certified Troll

Re: Chicken Soup for the Budding Medic: A Healer's Guide
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 04:45:14 pm »

Your guide really helped me Chicken Soup! Thanks!

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
  • A Melody from the Past..
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 10:30:39 pm »

Bumpdate with a video! Check it out!

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 03:16:41 pm »

Good video, but you shouldn't even think of attempting to do this against a half decent quote.

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:08:34 pm »

Good video, but you shouldn't even think of attempting to do this against a half decent quote.
I'll change the wording around, it's mostly up because people don't know what I mean by "patterns."

The Doctor

• The Doctor is in
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:15 pm »

Awesome guide, definitely gave some pointers on things I didn't think about. Thanks! :superburst:

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 11:40:05 am »

Awesome guide, definitely gave some pointers on things I didn't think about. Thanks! :superburst:
Just remember that this is for 2.1.4, update is being written and will be up soon eventually.

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 11:59:16 am »

You should wait until Psychopath implements the healing ramp.

Psychopath

• Developer In Training
  • Stop telling me to do things
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 03:08:16 pm »

I've already written it, all it needs is integration with the official game and balancing the time and rate values. It's somewhere in that 2.2 topic in Stragegy & Tactics if you want to take a glance at my work and try it out with different time and heal rate values for yourself.
Quote from: IRC
(8:01:46 PM) Psychopath: I'm just wondering what the next hot thing to fall on my lap will be
(8:01:57 PM) Lynn1: a girl maybe?
(8:02:01 PM) Psychopath: :o

[PHS] Whisky

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • z6
    • Here's my Steam: (I have no games lopl)
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 11:16:38 pm »

I've already written it, all it needs is integration with the official game and balancing the time and rate values. It's somewhere in that 2.2 topic in Stragegy & Tactics if you want to take a glance at my work and try it out with different time and heal rate values for yourself.

Great stuff Soup :z5:

Anyways, I looked and I can't find your healing ramp psycho. Where is it? I would like to try it out sometime. You nerfed the auto-regen and tweaked the healing rate of teamates to make it more like tf2, right?

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 11:28:52 pm »

Updated for 2.2. I'd appreciate some reads and reviews, also waiting on Psycho's guide.

CHANGELOG:
Added syringe ammo
Added medibuddy ammo
Added superburst ammo
Added new section: medigun angles

Psychopath

• Developer In Training
  • Stop telling me to do things
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 11:50:42 pm »

Great stuff Soup :z5:

Anyways, I looked and I can't find your healing ramp psycho. Where is it? I would like to try it out sometime. You nerfed the auto-regen and tweaked the healing rate of teamates to make it more like tf2, right?
Yes I've changed autoregin to be calculated as a function of time since damage taken, I've redone the medigun healing to be calculated as a function of time since damage taken as well. I've looked into it and the ubercharge gain to points healed ratio in tf2 isn't proportional, they are based on two separate things. Also, I'm looking into reducing the effectiveness of multihealing, yet I do not know what equation I should use. I have the mathematics down, I just don't know the constant base that the multihealing is calculated with. I've sent a message to the guy who made the tf2tactics videos asking him my questions. Hopefully he will be able to answer or even respond by making a video. Either way, the heal ramp build is relatively basic in its current standing. It's in the 2.2 balance discussion thread in S&T if you are looking for it, it's a tad outdated, but it's for the purpose of showcasing that it can and has been done.
Quote from: IRC
(8:01:46 PM) Psychopath: I'm just wondering what the next hot thing to fall on my lap will be
(8:01:57 PM) Lynn1: a girl maybe?
(8:02:01 PM) Psychopath: :o

[PHS] Whisky

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • z6
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 11:51:00 pm »

Nitpicking, but I couldn't help but notice some of your stuff is out of date. Like this rifleman example. You can't take 3 shots at the very least because if he hits you once with a charged shot he can two-shot you. Also, sorry I botched up the quotes in this and will have to resort to using actual quotes.

"For example, a rifleman shot deals 60 damage. Theoretically, it should down the medic in 2 shots, since his HP is 120. However, after the rifleman takes his shot, your health will regenerate. You can take 3 shots at the very least. The autoregen also makes the medic perfect at harassing. He can run in, deal damage guerrilla style, and retreat to safety. While he hides, his HP will regenerate, and he may attack again.

Keep in mind, your speed is 1.09, and the Firebug's is 1.09"

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the medic slightly faster than the firebug?

• Fighting the Constructor:
    Treat him like a gimped runner. He's slower, deals much less damage, and doesn't have a double jump. His redeeming feature is the autogun, which many say is overpowered. Medics are very good at taking out poorly placed autoguns. This is because of the arc in his needles. You can arc over crates, arc up a staircase, arc up a wall; the possibilities are nearly limitless. Almost any autogun can be taken out by a medic without any loss of health. Sometimes it's better to rush the autogun, if you're pressed for time, or being pursued. Go over the autogun and keep jumping straight up and down. If the constructor is near his autogun, see if you can arc your needles into him, it usually causes him to pursue you. Take him out before the autogun. He is very similar to the runner, and his weapon shows it. He is extremely fragile because of this.

You didn't really mention the constructor's ammo in this. You don't have to, but I'm saying it would probably be easier if newcomers reading this guide knew that he had around 8 or so shots of ammo.

• Fighting the Quote/Curly:
    Use the usual backpeddle while shooting technique until they pull up a bubble shield. Keep firing, but now jump towards it. That's right towards it. Jump over the Q/C and keep your cursor on it. Backpeddle away. Repeat as necessary. This class is built on rushing in and pinning you against a wall. Don't let that happen. Also, if you are being chased, it's blades will push you away, helping you escape.His blades decrease in power the longer he fires them, take advantage of this, but also take note that a bubble shield will stop you in your tracks.

It would be helpful if you mentioned that, unlike other classes, quote/curly technically has infinite ammo.

And you might have mentioned this, (you probably don't have to add this, but still) it would be nice if you had a section about the medic radar, which shows the directions of injured teamates when they shout  :e: and also automatically sends out a signal when they are on fire.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:56:59 pm by [PHS] Detective Whisky »

Sebastian Noir, Canine Investigator

• Lucky Member
  • I am Kid Flush!
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 12:09:42 am »

Is it bad that I haven't read this yet?

[PHS] Whisky

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • z6
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 12:15:37 am »

Is it bad that I haven't read this yet?

No, not really. No one is obliged to read a guide, some just do to try and learn some new tricks, and figure out their playstyles. But let's face it, most guides are either horribly outdated or useless (aka filled with information everyone already knows) so not many people head around here.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:16:56 am by [PHS] Detective Whisky »

koromi

• z-land ambassador
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • [PHS][TIC]
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 12:20:08 am »

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the medic slightly faster than the firebug?

firebug walk speed is 1.1, healer walk speed is 1.09
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 35 queries.