February 01, 2023, 07:05:09 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Teambalance...  (Read 17266 times)

Orpheon

• 2011 Haxxy Award Winner
  • Developer
Re: Teambalance...
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2010, 06:36:08 am »

I personally think it would be good to say the name of the person about to get teambalanced. For example "Neal is about to get teambalanced!" ect ect

This. Atleast a warning.

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »

Who ever gets switched will be annoyed no matter what. There's no need to prolong a team's suffering for something minuscule like making sure the afk spy in spawn doesn't get switched.
well obviously if an afk spy gets switched then the autobalance would have failed
replace afk spy with player standing in spawn to avoid beig team switched and tada
I personally think it would be good to say the name of the person about to get teambalanced. For example "Neal is about to get teambalanced!" ect ect
Neal is now spectating.

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Orpheon

• Developer
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 11:48:31 am »

Who ever gets switched will be annoyed no matter what. There's no need to prolong a team's suffering for something minuscule like making sure the afk spy in spawn doesn't get switched.
well obviously if an afk spy gets switched then the autobalance would have failed
replace afk spy with player standing in spawn to avoid beig team switched and tada
Neal is now spectating.

Oh come on, how many people are that bad? You might as well play instead of spectating (spy on dirtbowl if you really don't want to play seriously) or practice a class you suck with(for me the demoman).

I still think you should wait for a player to die, but a warning 15 seconds before that lets the team reorganize itself (the autogun positions of 1 engie, 2 or 3 for defending the intel are completely different) is good enough.

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 05:56:09 pm »

Neal is now spectating.

Oh come on, how many people are that bad? You might as well play instead of spectating (spy on dirtbowl if you really don't want to play seriously) or practice a class you suck with(for me the demoman).

I still think you should wait for a player to die, but a warning 15 seconds before that lets the team reorganize itself (the autogun positions of 1 engie, 2 or 3 for defending the intel are completely different) is good enough.
I know a lot of players that are that are that bad. Also spectating for 10 seconds vs. playing with an infuriatingly bad team for the rest of the match.

And 15 seconds is longer than it takes for autobalance to kick in :drool:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:56:36 pm by tro[go]gogogo »

died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

CandleJack

• Seasoned Member
  • +15/-130
    • SushiGaming
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 08:25:52 pm »

Lock N button for entire time autobalance is working and 1 minute after. Problem solved
I'm gonna need more rope...

Shamefully Stolen

nealshireman

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2010, 08:32:01 pm »

NO

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2010, 09:49:34 pm »

Lock N button for entire time autobalance is working and 1 minute after. Problem solved
or just don't warn specific people that they'll be switched

CandleJack

• Seasoned Member
  • +15/-130
    • SushiGaming
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2010, 10:05:58 pm »

But people seem to want to have a warning if they'll be switched

Shamefully Stolen

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2010, 05:17:42 am »

2 people that don't understand they're making teambalance ridiculously easy to abuse and avoid.

CandleJack

• Seasoned Member
  • +15/-130
    • SushiGaming
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »

2 people that don't understand they're making teambalance ridiculously easy to abuse and avoid.
ah

Shamefully Stolen

au

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2010, 05:38:26 pm »

You can already tell if you're gonna be autobalanced

"Hmm I'm the lowest scoring on my team and there's gonna be autobalance in 10 seconds"

gg2=lag
am i cool yet

Orpheon

• Developer
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2010, 09:23:24 am »

A warning really has to come. A healer who vanishes in thin air can mess up everything for a team. Abusers exist, but there are never only abusers on one team. If you have blue = super good and red = terrible, and a loser from blue hears [insert ideal number of seconds (which I think are 15)] before it happens that he will get changed, and he decides to spectate. Blue will still be a bit weaker, though red won't be as strong as they could have. But any new incoming player will have to go to red, and if none comes then the spectating loser will have the choice between playing with a bad team or not playing at all. Probably he prefers the former, and if he doesn't, he won't be playing anymore. He can't go back into blue because there is already someone extra (else there would be no autobalance).

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2010, 10:37:42 am »

Or you could just check the scoreboard when you see the teamswitch message :drool:

Orpheon

• Developer
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2010, 11:19:25 am »

Or you could just check the scoreboard when you see the teamswitch message :drool:
If I'm playing seriously as a healer in a push, I won't have the time to check the score board every [insert time between possible autobalancing actions] seconds/minutes. Again, I think the vast majority of the players aren't willing to put that much energy into avoiding the autobalance. Is it that bad? Practicing a class you can't play well and not getting blamed because you are surrounded by noobs is good (once in a while).

trog

• Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2010, 02:13:04 pm »

If you're playing seriously as a healer in a push you probably won't be getting autobalanced. The people who'll be getting autobalanced are the bad spies and people who have just joined.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 35 queries.