December 06, 2019, 06:32:31 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.
Chat with us online! (or @irc.esper.net/#gg2)
Come Mumble with us!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Personal Port Fowarding Visual Guide  (Read 67296 times)

ZaSpai

• "Eeh?! We're just allies!"
Re: Personal Port Fowarding Visual Guide
« Reply #390 on: June 07, 2015, 11:57:20 pm »

If I reset my router so that the login settings return to default, will that make my wifi password and SSID (or whatever it's called) change or just not exist?

Depends on your router. Sometimes, you'll get a default username and password (usually admin and password or something like that). Other routers wipe the password entirely but keep a default SSID.
My experience with an accidental reset on the modem side was that the modem reset its SSID and had no password, but regardless you'll need to reconfigure the router settings since it's likely your port forwarding will be reset as well.
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

PlasticBlue

« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2015, 08:17:01 am »

I did everything as said in the OP, what do I do now?

[Was not aware that I was necroing, lulz.]
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:20:29 am by PlasticBlue »

ZaSpai

• "Eeh?! We're just allies!"
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2015, 08:27:46 am »

I did everything as said in the OP, what do I do now?

[Was not aware that I was necroing, lulz.]
Go to the Port Range Forwarding tab.

Assuming that you haven't changed the default port for hosting GG2 via the ini file or in game, open ports 8190 to 8190 and enable it, and the IP should be whatever your PC's IP is on the modem's network (run an ipconfig on cmd if you haven't)
Right behind you when you most expect it | classicwell master race

Mantra

• A.K.A. Minions
« Reply #393 on: July 18, 2016, 10:18:49 am »

Soo i wanted to host a server again but it seems like even after port forwarding my ports are still closed... i am seriously out of ideas because i hosted a server some years ago but it was with another router... if someone had same problems tell me pls how to fix this  :IAMONFIRE:
Edit: Probably my ports are closed by my internet provider which sucks i cant do shit with this....
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:51:54 am by Minions »

:panic:
Moon Goddess
Almost there...

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
« Reply #394 on: July 18, 2016, 03:54:14 pm »

1. Have access to the router (Usually User: admin PW: admin at the URL of 192.168.#.# // #= 0 or 1)
2. Add port access to your internal IP and the designated port # (Advanced port forwarding: 8190)
3. Open up your firewall (Microshit will ask for a administration perm for any edits, click yes)
4a. Edit permissions for the program you wish to use (check all boxes, if done skip 4b)
4b. Delete all permissions that have to do with the program, open test server, check all firewall options in pop-up prompt and save
5. Close test server, edit program to the specs you want (maps, plugins, etc.) and open server
6. ???
7. Profit!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:11:43 pm by Spazz »

<3 Bustatunez

Mantra

• A.K.A. Minions
« Reply #395 on: July 18, 2016, 05:40:22 pm »

1. Have access to the router (Usually User: admin PW: admin at the URL of 192.168.#.# // #= 0 or 1)
2. Add port access to your internal IP and the designated port # (Advanced port forwarding: 8190)
3. Open up your firewall (Microshit will ask for a administration perm for any edits, click yes)
4a. Edit permissions for the program you wish to use (check all boxes, if done skip 4b)
4b. Delete all permissions that have to do with the program, open test server, check all firewall options in pop-up prompt and save
5. Close test server, edit program to the specs you want (maps, plugins, etc.) and open server
6. ???
7. Profit!
i know but even if i add port forward and test them out they are still closed..

:panic:
Moon Goddess
Almost there...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 37 queries.