January 22, 2022, 05:09:36 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: The Outdatedtry Method: Riflemen  (Read 32429 times)

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
Re: The Outdatedtry Method: Riflemen
« Reply #210 on: May 23, 2010, 10:09:57 am »

No you see the play style of sniper isn't supposed to be offensive.

Snipers aren't supposed to run in and kill everyone and take the intel. That's what heavies and Soldiers are for.

What snipers are supposed to do is help clean out some people who run away, along with kill some scouts that try to get the intel.

Snipers, even in TF2 don't go into the front lines, they aren't on defence, but they kinda hold back and use range to their advantage (the whole point of sniper is that he sees you before you see him)

The charging system is meant to encourage that tactic. If you pay attention to your shots and make them count then you're rewarded with a larger damage bonus.

The problem with 2.1.4 is that he could just keep spamming down a hallway and still do 60 damage, two shooting anyone that comes near. In addition, he was way too powerful in close range combat, he was quite literally point and click.

Riflemen before was also very immune to infiltrators (since the shots could come from his heart and he moved as he pleased, it became difficult to stab him) Now don't tell me that they aren't supposed to be a little bit easier to spies. By slowing down when he scoped it creates a playstyle which makes you uneasy and you always have to pay attention when people are attacking.

The no-scope is a substitute for the smg the way I see it it's a very different weapon in comparison to the sniper rifle. Since it shoots quickly, you have more room for error, but you also do less damage. Now when a rocketman rocketjumps to you, you're supposed to be fucked. If you were able to wipe out anyone that comes your way then that class would be over powered

'SS' Evening Star

« Reply #211 on: May 23, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »

I like the system.

I can move around fast and shoot people, or switch to slow movement to add damage.
We will sail on, forever on to the land of the Evening Star

Mikoi.Kill

• Heroic Member
  • Koboooold.
    • My YouTube :D
« Reply #212 on: May 23, 2010, 08:39:07 pm »

blaze's kawaii mod is bad for snipers

cause it has desync. :z3:

i use vindi nao.
scoot, demunmang, spah, sneeper

Tristonian

« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2010, 06:17:55 am »

Tristonian cheats? :panic:

I do no such thing. Why would you think that?
That was a reply to Wesker's post that was deleted. Not sure if we should be talking about this here though.
Could you please detail in a Pm what he said about me?

Wherewolf

« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2010, 04:03:59 pm »

My (formerly) Secret Shots

Oh, and a cruel trick:

Those are two images combined, taken at the same time. My name is 'WW' and his is 'Quack is a busta'. There's a medium sized rectangle/square around every character. Hover inside, and the name of the character within the rectangle will pop up. If a name is long, and your name is short, you'll be able to see your opponent's name (giving away their position) while they can't see yours.

Obviously this is situational and you have to be full-scoped.

[PHS] Whisky

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • z6
    • Here's my Steam: (I have no games lopl)
« Reply #215 on: May 25, 2010, 09:16:48 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Oh yeah, Wherewolf, I meant to ask you this a while ago. It's really hard to tell if you actually did the shot properly and hit someone on say...that dirtbowl stage one green shot. How do you tell? Because when I try and I kill someone, later I walk up and find a dead body on the control point because an unlucky pyro happened to jump up as I was aiming in that general direction. Is there like a specific pixel that I have to look at or something?  :z4:

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
  • A Melody from the Past..
« Reply #216 on: May 25, 2010, 09:18:14 pm »

Once you've hit the shot, you'll know where to aim. I'd imagine it's different for everyone.

[PHS] Whisky

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • z6
    • Here's my Steam: (I have no games lopl)
« Reply #217 on: May 25, 2010, 09:20:55 pm »

Once you've hit the shot, you'll know where to aim. I'd imagine it's different for everyone.

How do you know if you hit the shot though? I mean, if the guys full health you would hit him and be none the wiser because he isn't dead :/

Wherewolf

« Reply #218 on: May 25, 2010, 09:29:55 pm »

fffff I hit quote not edit
I went through and removed the stupid autosize limits, which makes me feel stupid for having spent the time to cut images in half and then paste each half here so that they'd be proper sized.

also, there really isn't a way. I considered edited the map bg in the client but decided against it. I haven't even used those dirtbowl shots more than once or twice, to be honest.
I assume you could find some sort of counting system like the keyhole shot uses to guarantee you make the shot
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:31:37 pm by Wherewolf »

(NI)Mordekaiser

• Hiihh. Yaah!
« Reply #219 on: June 08, 2010, 11:04:33 pm »

Wow! All I can say is how amazing this guide is. I never in all my time playing as a sniper thought to shoot through little keyholes like that. Now I'm new to the forums so I neve would have found these great screenshots without this wonderful guide. Thanks so much wherewolf.

--Mordekaiser.

Gentlemen...

« Reply #220 on: June 29, 2010, 11:51:11 am »

Nice guide man. It was very detailed and it helped a whole lot! Some places I didn't even know you could snipe from! Anyways, I really hope to see more from you man.

:drool: See you around~

Wherewolf

« Reply #221 on: June 29, 2010, 01:45:04 pm »

:z6:

I'm sniping a bit more lately, so I may update this a bit. I'm also planning a Sniper training map, more info later.

Chicken Soup

• Disposable Hero
  • A Melody from the Past..
« Reply #222 on: June 29, 2010, 02:28:48 pm »

I'd appreciate that.  :z6:

Gentlemen...

« Reply #223 on: June 29, 2010, 04:46:40 pm »

Cool, but I was wondering if you could help me work on a style of game play for the sniper a bit. If you do, please message please :D

Solor Vir

• Trading Bazaars like it's my job.
« Reply #224 on: June 29, 2010, 04:53:06 pm »

Most of the shots require you to be a pixel or so above a crate, or box, or a certain graphic image.  Easy way to tell if your shots are making it to their destination, does it pass the first obstacle and have a low trajectory.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 35 queries.