January 26, 2022, 09:22:30 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Due to a rise in bot activity, new posters need to be approved before posting.

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: How to make maps  (Read 93091 times)

tonylin2

Re: How to make maps
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2009, 11:19:45 am »

There you go:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/475/ctfhorn.png

Sorry for asking but I'm still can't make it by my own self, every time I tested the map, It freeze in the mid air. D:
Making friends ain't hurt isn't it. ^ ^

BONK

I am Scout - Play Free Online Games

L

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2009, 11:27:58 am »

Did you make the bottom left pixel white in your wallmask?

tonylin2

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2009, 11:36:40 am »

Did you make the bottom left pixel white in your wallmask?

Need a demo about the walkmask.  :z7:

BONK

L

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2009, 11:44:30 am »

Here is the one you uploaded.

And here is the correct one.

You probably can't see the difference very well, but open the second pic in ms paint and zoom in the bottom left you will notice I made the bottom left pixel white.

If you don't have it white but black instead, the game will take the white part is solid while the black is transparent.

tonylin2

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2009, 04:37:56 am »

Here is the one you uploaded.

And here is the correct one.

You probably can't see the difference very well, but open the second pic in ms paint and zoom in the bottom left you will notice I made the bottom left pixel white.

If you don't have it white but black instead, the game will take the white part is solid while the black is transparent.

That explain a lot, thanks...I taught nobody going to tell me. :z6:

Well, for some reason I'm going to give up making it, I don't host map.
But since you tellin me how to do it, I continue doing it. :hehe16:

BONK

]GS[ Zero

• - Revenant -
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2009, 09:18:31 am »

Great tut. Been working on a map all night.

Bulletproof Sandwich

• This is Sandwich! I only kill you if you annoy me!
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2009, 05:58:22 pm »

i have several problems:
1. do i have the right tool? i have Garrisonbuilder1_2, which has a red ball icon, but i have only as signs: spawn scouts, intel, blu and red doors, eraser, med cabinets and thats it...
2. where do i make a walmask? paint? and how can i test if obstacles are too high?
3. i tried editing costum maps in my garrison builder, like ctf_snipersrevange, but i can't use it for a map rotation, so how do i use the new map rotation after the latest update? and can i use the maps in the maps file without editing?

I am Spy - Play Free Online Games

Snare

• International Rep
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Momentai...
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2009, 10:10:30 pm »

i have several problems:
1. do i have the right tool? i have Garrisonbuilder1_2, which has a red ball icon, but i have only as signs: spawn scouts, intel, blu and red doors, eraser, med cabinets and thats it...
2. where do i make a walmask? paint? and how can i test if obstacles are too high?
3. i tried editing costum maps in my garrison builder, like ctf_snipersrevange, but i can't use it for a map rotation, so how do i use the new map rotation after the latest update? and can i use the maps in the maps file without editing?

You should have Garrison builder 2.1. You can check here for the latest build.

When making a wallmask, you can use any drawing program as long as you can save it in .png. Make sure to use only black and white in your wallmask and that the bottom left pixel is white. You can test your map by compiling it (just use the wallmask as the background) and hosting a server. The garrison builder test sometimes is funky.

Everything under number 3 can be answered if you look at the links at the bottom of the OP.

Bulletproof Sandwich

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2009, 03:44:12 pm »

i have several problems:

You should have Garrison builder 2.1. You can check here for the latest build.

When making a wallmask, you can use any drawing program as long as you can save it in .png. Make sure to use only black and white in your wallmask and that the bottom left pixel is white. You can test your map by compiling it (just use the wallmask as the background) and hosting a server. The garrison builder test sometimes is funky.

Everything under number 3 can be answered if you look at the links at the bottom of the OP.
ok, thanks!
but the link for the builder leads me to a site with several programs, and if i click one of them it says it's a binary file, so if i click on"Loggerhead 1.10 is a web-based interface for Bazaar branches"
on the blue bazaar link it tells me how to download the progrm, but on which of those programs do i download it without crashing py pc? cause if i click downloading with cyqwin it says the page can not be displayed

Snare

• International Rep
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Momentai...
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2009, 06:13:00 pm »

It should be the exe in the first link.

Bulletproof Sandwich

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2009, 05:48:34 pm »

It should be the exe in the first link.
sorry, it tells me to download bazaar first, but if i want to download i get to download some python thing or so, and i don't trust that stuff ._.

how about that: if i made a wallmask + map once can i send it to someone who has the right garrison builder?

Snare

• International Rep
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Momentai...
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2009, 09:29:33 pm »

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~logarithmmm/gg2garrisonbuilder/v2.1_compilant/download/head%3A/garrison_builder.exe-20090504060542-gbpdii2d2mx7qbvh-2/Garrison_Builder.exe

Idk what your clicking on but here, that's the direct link to garrison builder. Just click it, there's no way you can mess this up.

Bulletproof Sandwich

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2009, 09:31:31 pm »

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~logarithmmm/gg2garrisonbuilder/v2.1_compilant/download/head%3A/garrison_builder.exe-20090504060542-gbpdii2d2mx7qbvh-2/Garrison_Builder.exe

Idk what your clicking on but here, that's the direct link to garrison builder. Just click it, there's no way you can mess this up.
i messed up, my pc bursted in flames! O____o
lol, thanks! :D

heavypyro

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2009, 10:33:15 pm »

I have a problem, i got garrison builder and i clicked a button, but it gave me another thing (e.g. red door to BLU intel) what do i do? =/

8D :rocketmantaunt: LOLMAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[KKK][GPA]IM_NEW_NEED_HELP[PPP]

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 10:37:01 pm »

I have a problem, i got garrison builder and i clicked a button, but it gave me another thing (e.g. red door to BLU intel) what do i do? =/

8D :rocketmantaunt: LOLMAGGOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try reinstalling it.

Or just reopen it and see if the problem happens again.
it's like dancing in front of a train and then flipping the conductor off as you get run over because he didn't stop for you.
My Mapss           Best Forum Member       I am newfag, really!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 35 queries.