May 21, 2024, 02:23:11 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Author Topic: Donations  (Read 122441 times)

MedO

• Owns this place
Re: Donations
« Reply #645 on: May 25, 2011, 02:02:35 pm »

Just in case anyone really does want to donate bitcoins: You can wire them to the delicious address 146N4Cc5FKYdywby32aFj2vUBbAdFJZ63W Whatever, I deleted that account again :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 02:31:11 am by MedO »
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

misty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #646 on: May 25, 2011, 02:22:21 pm »

Are bitcoins actual money and can you transfer them into real cash?

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #647 on: May 25, 2011, 02:48:19 pm »

They are real money in the sense that some people are prepared to trade them for USD. I think the exchange rate is around 7 USD per bitcoin at the moment, but the trading volume is very low. They are not backed by anything, so they are only worth anything as long as people believe that they are, but when you get down to it this is largely true for "real" money as well. In other words, for now they are an interesting experiment but I definitely wouldn't encourage you to buy them with real money to donate here - but in the unlikely event that you have some already, do go ahead :)
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #648 on: May 25, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:08:48 pm by Wareya »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Footpöp

• Seasoned Member
  • I /saw/ him
« Reply #649 on: May 25, 2011, 03:28:21 pm »

They are real money in the sense that some people are prepared to trade them for USD. I think the exchange rate is around 7 USD per bitcoin at the moment, but the trading volume is very low. They are not backed by anything, so they are only worth anything as long as people believe that they are, but when you get down to it this is largely true for "real" money as well. In other words, for now they are an interesting experiment but I definitely wouldn't encourage you to buy them with real money to donate here - but in the unlikely event that you have some already, do go ahead :)

AKA Bitcoins is a controlled bubble

Once the "higher ups" who have been getting them since the turn of the century start selling them it will pop the bubble and bitcoins will cease to be worth shit.
Team /ABC/

Meower

• Elder God tier or Fagthulu, the great
  • Community Manager
  • Went fat once, never went back
« Reply #650 on: May 25, 2011, 03:29:32 pm »

How're my shares holding up?

NAGN

• Developer
  • Yeah so now I have an idea
« Reply #651 on: May 26, 2011, 10:45:42 pm »

sounds like that digital gold :panic:

I_am_awesome

« Reply #652 on: May 27, 2011, 07:58:47 am »

sounds like that digital bullshit :panic:

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #653 on: June 08, 2011, 05:14:41 pm »

For those of you who asked about alternative options to donate: I added a flattr button to the homepage (bottom left corner ;)).

RBY

« Reply #654 on: June 09, 2011, 07:08:27 am »

I'd possibly donate if I could get money from my phone on my pc somehow. Those 60 euros on it go unused anyway, might take some from it. Also, steam games.

Any advice?

Super Sgt. Brown

« Reply #655 on: June 10, 2011, 10:21:45 am »

Lol RBY, we totally need to do a clan for those who never use their phone.  :hehe:

RBY

« Reply #656 on: June 10, 2011, 11:05:28 am »

I use it, but only for testing basically but those 5000 free text messages make sure I don't lose money at all

Lone Wolf

« Reply #657 on: July 04, 2011, 08:45:47 am »

I'd possibly donate if I could get money from my phone on my pc somehow. Those 60 euros on it go unused anyway, might take some from it. Also, steam games.

Any advice?
Does someone know how to do that? I have also like 50 euros on my phone i don't use.

Derpduck

• 2011 Haxxy Finalist
« Reply #658 on: August 16, 2011, 06:32:36 pm »

Bump,
I would so like to donate but I cant, are there any alternative ways to donate like people have mentiond before me of using the money on my phone

Lt. Leengle

• Current Best Medibuddy IMO: Pinkie Pie
« Reply #659 on: August 17, 2011, 12:19:56 am »

I have money, but I don't do credit cards. Sorry.  =/

A guy named player actually got killed by a kill box poking through a wall. It was funny.

I knew my gun was better than mosts, but it's PSYCHIC TOO.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 32 queries.