May 17, 2024, 11:46:04 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5  (Read 32190 times)

Lemonade

• Apprenticecrastinator
  • Seasoned Member
  • BACK FROM THE DEAD (for now)
Re: Gang Garrison 2.4 Beta 5
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2011, 08:27:21 am »

The Double Trouble update ?
also mmm might start doing a poster, but considering it goes live the 23rd  :z4:
great, team up with me and elkondo like last time?
More like, watch you two make the poster, then suggest some small thing when you're done and end up in the credits.  :drool:
But indeed that would be cool. Maybe we can set up a scheme for the update ?
i already have a pet that follows me around 24/7
it's called  :z4:
you may have seen it

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2011, 11:01:46 am »

You can check github for the full changelog, I think psycho's (ASBenz) commits are the only ones which deal with class balance.
Here is the relevant URL: https://github.com/Medo42/Gang-Garrison-2/compare/V2.3.8...master

This should show all the commits which have been made for 2.4. Merge commits can usually be ignored since they should not add any changes of their own. Sorry that I didn't provide a proper changelog myself, but I'd have to dig through that list as well to write it.
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2011, 04:41:51 pm »

firebug's c-zone is still a stupid piece of shit fuck piss dog boner
~CobaltBW

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal." - Earl Nightingale

CrazNoDale

« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2011, 05:00:15 pm »

Rocketman vs Pyro in 2.3, 60% pyro wins. Rocketman vs Pyro in 2.4, 90% pyro wins. Rocketmen have no chance anymore against pyros now. After 2.4 becomes official, imo pyros will replace soldiers in competitive matches. I hope this doesn't happen because soldier is what I main.

MedO

• Owns this place
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »

Well, I am not good at balancing. What should be done to make pyro more balanced again? One popular idea is to make the flare curve again, but what else should be done?
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2011, 05:44:23 pm »

slow down rockets and make the airblast cone way shorter
gg2's rockets are like tf2's LL rockets, even with how the game's paced
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:45:20 pm by Vegas_ »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

CobaltBW

• Veteran Beta Tester
  • Blue Warrior
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2011, 05:46:03 pm »

How are the firebug's other matchups?
~CobaltBW

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal." - Earl Nightingale

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2011, 05:46:51 pm »

more fair than they were before the update
pyro was basically UP except to counter rockets and spies

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2011, 06:00:34 pm »

Rocketman vs Pyro in 2.3, 60% pyro wins. Rocketman vs Pyro in 2.4, 90% pyro wins. Rocketmen have no chance anymore against pyros now. After 2.4 becomes official, imo pyros will replace soldiers in competitive matches. I hope this doesn't happen because soldier is what I main.
idk what you are talking about. At point blank where reflects are more prediction rather than reaction, the problem is they are prediction. Don't press m2 within one or two frames of the exact time the soldier shoots, and there goes nearly half your health. Really if you're getting anywhere near half of your rockets reflected at point blank then you should make your shots less predictable.

At mid-long range where reflecting is easier, the problem is aiming them is difficult due to the shot origin not being consistent -- on soldier it always comes from the same point, when reflecting it starts wherever the rocket is when it's reflected -- plus rockets are pretty easy to dodge already. Rockets coming very rapidly are hard to dodge, but when reflecting you only reflect as fast (not really, it's even slower) as the opposing soldier shoots. So the solution is to stop feeding the pyro easy reflects.

Basically the only place reflects are reliable and anywhere close to being too powerful is in a range that's not a core part of playing soldier. You can definitely still be effective without having to spam rockets from far away. And the only change that really affected the soldier pyro matchup was the lowered blastReloadTime. It's still slower than the rocket fire rate, so really it only helped mid-long range reflects since now you can reflect consecutive rockets with less backpeddling. But the solution is still to stop feeding easy reflects.

Also pyro won't replace soldier since the soldier feeding the pyro is what (might) make him useful enough to be used full time. If both sides are running pyro then no one is feeding rockets which means the heavies are just going to mow down the pyros. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyways as far as airblast cooldown goes, I'd be okay with it being increased to 40 frames (+5 from current beta, -10 from current official), but any more is dumb. Although I still don't think it needs to be changed.

Sort of edit: I'd be okay with the reflect range being made a bit shorter. Is that blastDistance? Or is that for just against players?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 06:01:40 pm by trog »

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Footpöp

• Seasoned Member
  • I /saw/ him
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2011, 06:01:31 pm »

slow down rockets and make the airblast cone way shorter
gg2's rockets are like tf2's LL rockets, even with how the game's paced
Slow down the second? slowest projectile in the game?  ???
Team /ABC/

trog

• member of intel's squad of garbagemen against the yakuza
  • Veteran Member
  • i am uberdeath
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2011, 06:03:25 pm »

At some point projectile stops being "takes skill to predict" and turns into "close your eyes and shoot".

I think it's fine currently. Besides slowing them down just makes reflects easier, and we're talking about it being too easy (but it's not).

PM me your apps for my clan

92% of people who see this will not
have the guts to repost it. When Goku
died in the explosion Cell tied to destroy Earth with, he did it for you and me. If you're not ashamed to love Goku, post this as your status and show everyone. Thank you, Goku. I lifted up my arms for the spirit bomb every time you asked for my energy.

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2011, 06:08:16 pm »

I always felt like rockets were ~slightly~ too fast for gg2's pace, and that they could be slowed down a hair. Like, the difference between pyro and engie, or something.

billymaze

• Veteran Member
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2011, 06:14:45 pm »

Removed f10 from exiting the game? D:

How am I supposed to properly ragequit now? D:

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2011, 06:15:42 pm »

alt f4

Tubulatus

• Heroic Member
  • Indeed.
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2011, 08:11:13 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 36 queries.