May 30, 2024, 12:50:12 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77

Author Topic: Official PyGG2 Development thread  (Read 145349 times)

Orpheon

• Developer
Re: Porting GG2 to Python - PyGG2
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2011, 03:01:43 am »

Both aren't bugs  :hehe:

1. The function was removed because the object should check for collision itself in either beginStep, step, or endStep IMO. Why? Because it will make collision resolving (what actually should be done if something does collide) much easier. I'm not saying that the .collide function is bad, I'm saying that calling it directly in the main loop was bad. As a cause of this the collision detection of bullets was temporarily disabled, causing you to think destroyInstance was never set.
I'm not saying the removal of collide() is a bug, it's the forgetting of fixing the bullet collide code.

2. The second is sort more of a known issue. The current physics are just an example implementation by me until it gets replaced with real tested code.
Ok

I've just finished my first book on python, I'm looking into pygame now, hopefully I'll be able to contribute down the track
Yay. Welcome.

Orpheon

• Developer
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2011, 04:52:23 am »

Alright, fixed that shot stuff, now they'll destruct normally on collision with the wallmask, and also made shot.lifeTimer do something.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 05:17:45 pm by MedO »

nightcracker

• NC
  • PyGG2 dev
    • NC Labs
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2011, 08:22:22 am »

notajf

Orpheon

• Developer
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:43 am »

Wareya's talking about your line right under the avatar. It's apparently a contradiction to what your doing.

Just observing.

nightcracker

• NC
  • PyGG2 dev
    • NC Labs
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2011, 09:07:48 am »

Oh I'm still a script kiddo...

I'm just very good at it  :z5:

notajf

« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2011, 09:28:14 am »

Oh I'm still a script kiddo...

I'm just very good at it  :z5:
>_>

nightcracker

• NC
  • PyGG2 dev
    • NC Labs
« Reply #202 on: October 20, 2011, 10:56:37 am »

First release you guys can test! (more like a demo)

Featuring no networking, one bugged class, one map and collision detection!

Instructions: unzip and start with pygg2.exe

Download
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 10:57:34 am by nightcracker »

Lorgan

• Retired Randomizer Mod Developer
  • Resident Miku
    • My own website
« Reply #203 on: October 20, 2011, 11:44:51 am »

I get 47 errors about unknown compression methods :U
Unfortunately, turning a section into a communist oppressive regime is not against the forum rules, so there is really nothing we can do.
Quote from: steam
21:08 - Hullusorsa: lorgan, when will you buy us the keys?
21:09 - Lorgan: i'm waiting for greece to collapse so the value of the euro drops
21:09 - Lorgan: not even joking

nightcracker

• NC
  • PyGG2 dev
    • NC Labs
« Reply #204 on: October 20, 2011, 12:16:40 pm »

Weird, but not impossible.

Can you post errors/logs/anything you get?

Lorgan

• Retired Randomizer Mod Developer
  • Resident Miku
    • My own website
« Reply #205 on: October 20, 2011, 12:28:28 pm »

Weird, but not impossible.

Can you post errors/logs/anything you get?
I get it when i try unzipping it, so I didn't get these when i try executing the game. What did you use to zip it?
Code: [Select]
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in dependencies.dat
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in pygg2.exe
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\atalia.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\corinth.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\dirtbowl.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\egypt.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\harvest.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\lumberyard.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\montane.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\oldfort.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\orange.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\sixties.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\truefort.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\twodforttwo.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\twodforttwo_remix.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\collisionmaps\waterway.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\gameelements\creditss\0.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\gameelements\menubackgrounds\0.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\gameelements\menubackgrounds\1.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\gameelements\menubackgrounds\2.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\gameelements\menubackgroundversions\0.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\huds\classselects\0.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\huds\mvpbanners\0.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\huds\mvpbanners\1.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\huds\mvpbanners\2.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\huds\mvpbanners\3.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\huds\scoreboard\0.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\huds\teamselects\0.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\atalia.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\conflict.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\corinth.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\destroy.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\dirtbowl.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\egypt.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\harvest.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\lumberyard.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\montane.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\oldfort.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\orange.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\sixties.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\truefort.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\twodforttwo.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\twodforttwo_remix.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\valley.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\waterway.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in sprites\maps\zclassicwell.png
!   C:\Documents and Settings\gebruiker\Mijn documenten\Downloads\pygg2.zip: Onbekende methode in w9xpopen.exe

('onbekende methode' means unknown method)
Unfortunately, turning a section into a communist oppressive regime is not against the forum rules, so there is really nothing we can do.
Quote from: steam
21:08 - Hullusorsa: lorgan, when will you buy us the keys?
21:09 - Lorgan: i'm waiting for greece to collapse so the value of the euro drops
21:09 - Lorgan: not even joking

nightcracker

• NC
  • PyGG2 dev
    • NC Labs
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2011, 12:36:49 pm »

Don't worry, I'm dutch too :)

Oh, during the extracting, maybe I f**ked something up while zipping, let me rezip and reupload.

Download
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:32:03 pm by nightcracker »

notajf

« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2011, 04:26:36 pm »

Download
Works great!*

*where 0 <= angle of gun <= 90

notajf

« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2011, 04:31:02 pm »

Also hi guys, I'm gonna work on this again. Together, we'll conquer the world*

*of Gang Garrison 2 Python Ports
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:32:07 pm by AJF »

Flaw

« Reply #209 on: October 22, 2011, 06:21:14 am »

Download

Just a little feedback:
For me, it runs perfectly at a static 83 fps (with frame limiter) with slight eventual drops to 82 at rare moments.
Is it on purpose that the character moves incredibly slow, though?

Also, I thought a little bit about the "weapon rotation" issue, and what I came up with, you probably already know/isn't the issue:
Sprite rotation without having a origin, and without flipping the sprite.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:23:44 am by Flaw »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 77

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 51 queries.