July 23, 2014, 08:34:22 pm

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat with us online! (or at irc://irc.esper.net/#gg2)

Fight for Haxton Sale and Ray Bann in the Haxxy Awards and the Raybanns!

SFX Artists Needed!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: ctf_GENERATORS  (Read 959 times)

...Septemberfest?

ctf_GENERATORS
« on: July 17, 2009, 01:27:08 am »

Some of you might have seen me on GG2, I'm a fairly new member.  Just recently I watched Vaati's (very, very helpful, thank you so much) video tutorial for CTF maps and figured I'd try my hand at making one.  I am quite pleased with the results, but being inexperienced, I don't quite know which features might be considered good or bad.  I would simply like some more seasoned members to give me some constructive criticism, because I really need that.  Anyways, without further ado, my map, "GENERATORS" (the image might not show up, I don't quite know how the HTML works)

I like it, but some problem spots I think may come up are:
- The underground "green" area might be too long and narrow.  Although there is an upper walkway in the green halls, rocketspamming is probably imminent in that green area no matter what I do.
- The Red and Blu bases are too "enclosed."  I'm thinking that Infiltrators won't have much room to hide.  Also, Runners might die too quickly once they enter the enemy base.  However, I added multiple paths to offset this as much as possible.
- The "unique" drop-in spawn might not be in the right position.  Respawn room placement is something that I can't quite predict.

Now, I really had no actual story behind this map.  I figured that it would be cool enough to have huge electrical generators in an underground network that fuel the race between Red and Blu for world domination.  How?  Next to Red and Blu's spawn stands a 20-foot tall incinerator laser (similar to that of the familiar Death Star).

Anyways, your help is appreciated.  The png image above is already embedded with the WM, BG, spawns, med cabinets, spawn doors, and all that good stuff.  Thanks for your help!!

EDIT: I accidentally resized the image, so the new, un-resized version is posted in place of the original.

EDIT #2: Okay, I replaced original underground green "hallways" with a new portion of staircases and such.  Thanks for all the suggestions and I hope you enjoy my map!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 01:50:55 am by ...Septemberfest? »

Turbo Lover

• Smoke crystal meth and raw dog hookers.
Re: ctf_GENERATORS
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 03:05:24 am »

I saved the map but it wont let me open it so i can take a closer look at it.

I think the map looks pretty good for a first map. For the art style and the BG and stuff it looks realy good.
Gameplay, ya the hallway in the bottom is long and narrow, but its a secondary path, dosnt bother me personaly cause you have another way to go but some might hate that hallway. If you feel the spam is a problem add some of them bullet stoping doors in it.
So the intels are in the yellow rooms? If thats the case i dont like that at all, it will make defence too easy, just camping the one entrence to the inel makes for long turtleing matches.
Hope i was of help, and cant wait to see more maps.
Im your turbo lover.
Tell me theres no other.
Im your turbo lover.
Better run for cover.

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 07:51:40 am »

Seems like something went wrong when you uploaded the image, because that image clearly got resized.
You should try uploading it somewhere else.

The map looks promising. If you want less spam in the underground, make the tunnel less straight.

Turbo Lover

• Smoke crystal meth and raw dog hookers.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 01:53:37 pm »

If you want less spam in the underground, make the tunnel less straight.
For some reason that made me LOL.
Im your turbo lover.
Tell me theres no other.
Im your turbo lover.
Better run for cover.

...Septemberfest?

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 07:21:26 pm »

EDIT: IMAGE IS NOW WORKING.

Cool, so let me address a few things that I feel I forgot to clarify on my map.

- At the top of each base, there is either a red-colored room or a blue-colored room.  These two rooms are the spawn points.  Spawning in people can drop down into their base from two paths. THE SPAWN IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH ONCE YOU HAVE LEFT IT.  THIS IS BECAUSE IT IS TOO HIGH UP TO POSSIBLY REACH.
- There is a yellow room in each base.  IN EACH YELLOW ROOM, THERE IS A MED CABINET.  Since, you cannot reach the spawn once you have left it, you can get health from these yellow rooms.  However, spawn doors separate the yellow room from the base.  So, if you say, are Red, you cannot access Blu's yellow room because there is a spawn door.  However, the yellow room DOES NOT SERVE AS A SPAWN nor does it contain the intelligence
- Notice that next to each yellow rooms, there are two open rooms with lights in them.  THE UPPER OF THE TWO ROOMS CONTAINS THE INTELLIGENCE.
- The Runner can access many entrances into the intel room.  The Runner can double jump from the roof of the tower in the center to the roof of the enemy base.  From there, the Runner can fall into the intel room.
- Doors that stop bullets (but not humans) flank both sides of the upper walkways of both hallways in the green area.

- The rooms with the world-ending lasers at the top of the Red and Blu bases are accessible with either a Rocketman or Detonator and serve as somewhat boring PARTAY ROOMS (z5, gunspin, f )!!!   However, chances are that you'll end up dying in there, but isn't that the point of a party room?

GUYS, I AM SORRY FOR THE CONTINUOUS EDITING, BUT MY MAP IS NOW COMPLETE.  THERE ARE NO LONGER LAME PARTAY ROOMS.  WHATEVER, THEY WERE WORTHLESS ANYWAYS.  AND I COMPLETELY CHANGED THE GREEN LOWER HALLS, JUST FYI.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 11:47:09 pm by ...Septemberfest? »

Agh

• 2012 Haxxy Award Winner
    • My maps
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 01:41:58 pm »

OK, this looks better now. I'm going to try it out later.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.