March 29, 2024, 05:38:03 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

NOTICE: Wondering where all the forums have gone?

Join the community Discord server!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gang Garrison 2.8.3: The first quarterly update  (Read 12697 times)

MedO

• Owns this place
Gang Garrison 2.8.3: The first quarterly update
« on: October 17, 2016, 05:18:00 pm »

Previous
This
Next

Hi everyone!

There were a few bugfixes gathering dust, so I thought we should have some kind of regular release schedule to get even small things pushed out eventually. The random plan is to do quarterly releases from now on, which means that we will still have the traditional bigger April 1st release, and then three more releases each year with whatever is done at the time.

This update is nothing to get excited about, in fact it is even protocol-compatible with the old version because it purely contains visual fixes:

• Fix alt particle rocket trails fading too quickly at 60FPS (#173)
  • Fix special characters not being escaped in a few places (#171, #172)
  • Fix timers rounding down instead of up (so you get 0:00 for a second)

As always, you can use the auto updater or just download manually from here.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 07:37:07 pm by MedO »
Quote from: Alfred North Whitehead
It is the business of the future to be dangerous; and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its duties.

Quote from: John Carmack
[...] if you have a large enough codebase, any class of error that is syntactically legal probably exists there.

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
  • Almost too much seasoning.
Re: Gang Garrison 2.8.3: The first quarterly update
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 08:29:47 pm »

Question, will this get a possible fix?

<DropdownPlatform>

<3 Bustatunez

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 09:51:24 pm »

That's a feature, not a bug. Dropdown platforms are essentially invisible and having ledge status on them is a visual indicator that you're on one.

Source: I designed and added the ledge status animation and intentionally let the logic make dropdown platforms give you ledge status.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 09:53:15 pm by Phantom Brave »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wareya/
ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 01:18:49 am »

If by feature you mean jerk the players screen when transitioning to wallmask violently, ruining any use on a flat surface, it's certainly doing it's job

It helps the player(s) identify there's 'collision' than you can phase through with a single button, but any mapper using them generally identifies the location(s) used

<3 Bustatunez

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 05:20:09 pm »

The ledge animation does not move the camera at all.

ladies and gentlemen i would like to announce that the fact of the matter is up that the fact of the matter is a fact and it matters

Spazz

• Seasoned Member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 01:03:33 am »

Please help me, you're stating that the .gif I posted above, is "moving the camera" when the player stops on the dropdown platform. Yes?

No, no I am not.

I am stating, when you move off a dropdown platform, on to wallmask, that's either a flat or de/incline without entering "fall" or "jumping" animations, the player+camera is forced/teleported up 1/2 a pixel, causing them to 'fall' when they never jumped

Where is the confusion?

<3 Bustatunez

Phantom Brave

• All Hail Classicwell
  • Designer
  • Another one --
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 03:15:12 am »

I'm intentionally being obtuse because you posted a gif and said "is this bug fixed yet" without specifying what you were posting about. People complained about the ledge status animation showing up on dropdown platforms and I tried to make it obvious that I was intentionally misinterpreting your post by specifying ledge status animation but apparently that wasn't enough even after two posts.

The answer is: if it's not in this update, it's not fixed yet.

If you want the bug to get fixed your best bet is probably to dig into the dropdown platform code and figure out why it's putting people a fraction of a pixel below the baseline and causing them to jump when they run off it like that. Do you see anyone posting about working on GG2 on the forum lately? No? Then you're probably going to have to do it yourself if you want minor inconsequential annoyances like this to get fixed.

Now if people were instantly winning the game because of dropdown platforms I would probably be interested enough to take a closer look but this bug has been around for a while because development has slowed down so much that it's not worth looking at when there are so many other things to do if one of us randomly decides to work on GG2 for a day, like medo pushing out this update at all.

pach

• Constantly Useful
  • It's raining gibs, hallelujah, it's raining gibs.
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 05:12:11 am »

neato

S0lid

• Makin skins is my new job here ;D Sm0k3 w33d!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 08:37:52 am »

UPDATE:
The games dead m8 and im sad and not active  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Just $m0k3 w33d and $tFu.

.prime

• "lLaRtT"
  • :%)
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »

ok
give usa host next time n put prime on other team so i can fuk on this nigga for tlaking shit
plz ban all european ips so we can keep gg2 clean

kawaiicat666

• horse is Senpai :3
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 03:12:36 pm »

UPDATE:
The games dead m8 and im sad and not active  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
k
iam an ebic trole!!!111 xDDDDDDDDDDDddxdd

MrRatermat

• PLUGINS PLUGINS PLUGINS!
    • NO TRUE SCOTSMAN WOULD PLAY GG2 WITHOUT PLUGINS
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2016, 08:38:49 pm »

UPDATE:
The games dead m8 and im sad and not active
People have been saying that for years and it's still surprisingly active.

read my sig because im banned

• Sigh
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 08:49:50 pm »

You wouldn't be saying that a week from now.

S0lid

• Makin skins is my new job here ;D Sm0k3 w33d!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 12:40:25 am »

UPDATE:
The games dead m8 and im sad and not active
People have been saying that for years and it's still surprisingly active.

Yeah lol the amount of players that play this whole game isent even = to the players that play a latvian MTA roleplay.
Just $m0k3 w33d and $tFu.

free crzy

• random chatter mod
  • Heroic Member
  • subscribe to pewdiepie
    • drain gang track you down like a bloodhound
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2016, 02:20:14 am »

hey when is quote becoming good again this is an important question
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 35 queries.