New PUG thread, made because Trogdor is retiring from his position as PUG thread OP in order to follow his new dream as a homosexual.NEXT PUG: who knows?
IRC channel: #gg2pug
PUGs (pick-up games
) are basically quick competitive matches. Tired of the overnumerousness of a certain class, jelloing and idiotic teammates? This is for you! The matches are serious so no partying or dicking around. Team size will be decided depending on how many people sign up, but it's between 4 and 6 people per team, and there is only one of each class allowed per team.
PUGs are primarily organized in the IRC, so all you have to do is show up ~30 minutes before the match. Don't worry about being new, PUGs are open to everyone.General Rules
- If there's a PUG going on: if you're in the IRC, you're there because you're organizing the PUG, playing, hosting, spectating, recording, or commentating. Don't join the IRC just to be an annoying prick, or you will be handled like one
(kicked, and if repeated annoyances, a temp. ban).
- While it does say no dicking around above, if a PUG seems to be close to being done, the matches don't really need to be serious. Offclassing for fun is allowed then, but please don't dick around in rounds where people actually want to play seriously.IF YOU DO NOT JOIN IRC AND PROVIDE A FORUM ACCOUNT WHEN ASKED FOR ONE YOU WILL BE KICKED/BANNEDHow to join the IRC
1. Go to http://ganggarrison.com/irc.html
2. Type "/join #GG2PUG"
Aaaand that's it! Please make sure you join with your forum name, so we know who you are. If you want to, you can change your name afterwards.Team picking
Two captains are picked, and they take turns in picking players to be on their team.
-Once the captains begin picking players, any new players joining the IRC channel may not be picked. If it's generally agreed upon, the captains can restart picking so that the new players can be picked. Or, if at least 2 new players join, the picking process can be extended so that the new players may be picked in order to play larger formats (like 5v5).
-If after playing a match you find the teams unfair, ask the organizer to balance the teams. If he agrees, he will switch players around to make the teams fairer. PUG organizers
- At least one of these guys should be in the IRC channel to help organize the PUG.
The above, RebelINS (also known as the eternal 'show up to make fun of Trog, but never play' guy), and Pyropuppy have channel OP.Server hosts
- These guys host servers.CrazNoDale - ESTMalpractice - ESTYukoviz - ESTHeenok - ESTBanned Players
Nobody at the moment.