April 24, 2014, 09:03:22 am

The Gang Garrison 2 Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Chat with us online! (or at irc://irc.esper.net/#gg2)

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: La Villa Strangiato  (Read 686 times)

...Septemberfest?

La Villa Strangiato
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:35:17 pm »

SEE BOTTOM FOR CORRECTED VERSION OF MAP

After a rather long hiatus from GG2 forums (and the game itself) I've decided to try my hand at map making... again!

This map is, for the most part, experimental.  Here's the image, I'll explain some of its features.

There are two white "bases."  The upper black portion of each base is each team's spawn.  There is also a lower black portion.  This is a "back-route" that leads directly to the intel, which is located in a very faint-colored plume (not sure if you can spot it).  This may come in handy for spies.  The main route of the map is a mountain-like formation that passes through a large, abstract, black, dripping square in the middle of the map.  The dripping square is only part of the background, not the wallmask.  Both routes contain blue paths.  All of the blue surfaces are actually bullet doors, like in ctf_glasshouse.  This does present some problems, but only at the beginning of the game.  As I said, this map is experimental.  This map will likely make a good place for sniping and flag-running.  However, snipers cannot shoot directly into the enemy base, because the bullet doors begin partway up the slope.  There are also sniper towers protruding from the top of both spawns.  Snipers cannot shoot directly from tower to tower because there is a white square (part of the wallmask) in the middle of the map, below the dripping square.  A field of "lasers" surrounds the map so that anyone who touches it dies.

I suggest you playtest this map if you have any questions... it really is a deceptive map.

THIS MAP IS UNREALITY.

EDIT:

Since I didn't playtest the map thoroughly, I found some minor issues after posting the map.  Here's a newer version of it, with some of the problems fixed.  I also filled some of the empty space with faint designs resembling flagella.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:31:07 am by ...Septemberfest? »

L

Re: La Villa Strangiato
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:49:10 pm »

:z9: You made one of my favorite custom maps (breakfast skirmish)

Neat looking new map, where are the intels located? found the plume
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:50:43 pm by (゚ヮ゚) drooL »

Rock

• Hello? Again?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:53:16 pm »

Holy crap Septemberfest? is back!
New game much? 2D platforming stealth much?

Wherewolf

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 08:28:20 pm »

Welcome back!

I'll host this this weekend, looks interesting.

cats4gold

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:21:17 pm »

My favourite Rush song.

...Septemberfest?

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 01:26:34 am »

My favourite Rush song.

YES!

Much of the map's style, with "confusing surfaces," is based on the fact that it's Lifeson's dream, as well as the fact that the map is in a thought bubble. I'm actually going to see Rush on their Time Machine tour... I can't wait!

Invasive Methodology

• No room for immortality
  • Veteran Beta Tester
  • Taken by itself, an incomplete reason to whine
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 11:51:39 am »

HOLY SHIT SEPTEMBERFEST

I LOVED BREAKFAST SKIRMISH
holding objective
can't run, can't shoot, can't have fun
why would you do this?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.